February 25, 2002
3:00 — 4:30 PM
Room 105 Lanigan Hall
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of FA minutes for February 4, 2002.
III. FA Chair’s Report — D. King
IV. Reports of Councils, Committees and Task Forces
V. Unfinished Business
1. Vacancies on F.A. Councils (see list on reverse side)
2. Consideration and voting on Faculty Bylaw Amendments - new Articles XIX, XXI
(FA members please remember to bring your copy of the proposed Bylaw amendments to FA meetings)
VI. New Business
1. Proposal for "in progress" (IP) grade for graduate courses.
2. Course numbering changes for Vocational Teacher Preparation Program (MS Ed).
3. Changes in the History M.A. degree program.
NOTE #1 : ALL CONSTITUENCIES ARE REQUESTED TO HAVE REPRESENTATIVES PRESENT FOR THE NEXT FEW FA MEETINGS DUE TO VOTING ON THE PROPOSED FACULTY BYLAW AMENDMENTS WHICH REQUIRE 2/3 OF THE TOTAL VOTING MEMBERSHIP OF THE ASSEMBLY FOR APPROVAL.
NOTE #2: A GENERAL FACULTY MEETING WILL FOLLOW THE FACULTY ASSEMBLY MEETING FROM 4:30-5:45 P.M. IN ROOM 105 LANIGAN. THE PRESIDENT WILL GIVE A REPORT ON THE BUDGET AND OTHER MATTERS. THE AGENDA WILL INCLUDE VOTING ON THE FACULTY BYLAW AMENDMENTS APPROVED BY FACULTY ASSEMBLY.
(SEE ADDITIONAL NOTES ON THE REVERSE SIDE)
- FA representatives should review their copy of the proposed FA Bylaw amendments before the FA meeting.
- Due to the importance of the deliberation and voting on the proposed revision of the Bylaws, we urge all constituencies to be sure that their representatives or alternates are present for these crucial meetings.
- In the interest of efficiency and economy, all current and subsequent Faculty Assembly minutes will be posted within a couple of weeks on the new Faculty Assembly web site: www.oswego.edu/other_campus/assembly/ . Agendas for FA meetings will continue to be distributed campus-wide in hard copy before each meeting; they will also be posted on the web site.
Vacancies still need to be filled on the following FA Councils and Committees. PLEASE recruit interested persons or self-nominate by contacting your FA representative:
Priorities and Planning Council (1 semester sab. replacement for A. Stamm)
Academic Policies Council (1 semester sab. replacement for L. Peterson)