Indie concert: Arms & Sleepers, American Royalty and Gianni Paci
Arms & Sleepers is an electronic duo from Boston. American Royalty is a psych-pop trio from Brooklyn. Guitarist Gianni Paci is a recent graduate of New York University and is influenced by Buddy Holly and The Beatles. Performer Magazine recently featured him on its cover. $5 at the door; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-4581.
Location: Lounge, Hewitt Union
Friday, April 25, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Theatre performance: "Young Frankenstein"
$15 ($7 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in front of Culkin Hall and in lot E-18 east of Culkin. 312-2141. www.oswego.edu/arts
Location: Waterman Theatre, Tyler Hall
Friday, April 25, 7:30 p.m. - 9:45 p.m.
Baseball vs. Plattsburgh
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Baseball Field
Friday, April 25, 3 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Men's Golf Spring Tournament
Location: Oswego, NY - Oswego Country Club
Saturday, April 26, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, May 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2014
More information: alumni.oswego.edu/reunion
Location: SUNY Oswego, New York 104, Oswego, NY, United States
Thursday, June 5, noon - noon
Tips for Effective Chancellor Award and Distinguished Rank Applications
General tips for all applications
· Organize folder by criteria
· Evidence should be strongly linked to specific criteria
· May want to include both quantitative and qualitative evidence
· Evidence of statewide, regional and national activity should be included as appropriate
· Request and include letters of support that address specific criteria (give examples to support excellence for criteria)
· Include complete vita with appropriate focus on area of award
Teaching award tips
· Include personal teaching philosophy
· Include student evaluations of faculty over time
· Include peer observations and evaluation of teaching
· Include reflection of evaluations on teaching changes
· Evidence can be such things as:
o Syllabi from a variety of courses taught
o Table of courses taught with student numbers and grade distribution
o Office hours schedule
o Evidence of involvement with students outside of class
o Graded assignments with written feedback
o Examples of tests, quizzes, lab reports
o Representative samples of instructional materials
o List of student achievements pre- and post-graduation
· Scholarship/creative activity should be grouped by type and peer and non-peer reviewed
Service award tips
· Include personal service philosophy
· Include letters of support from community and professional organizations
· Ask letter writers to address criteria specific to the award
· Include evidence of accomplishments and achievement of you or the group
· Include examples of minutes as evidence of involvement
· For each organization specify: length of term, years being chair of that organization or other officer, accomplishments of organization while a member, accomplishments while chair
Librarian award tips
· Include personal librarianship philosophy
· Include letters of support from a variety of constituencies
· Include examples of presentations on and off campus
Scholarship and Creative Activities award tips
· Include support letters, internal and external that recognize the contributions nationally and internationally
· Include number of citations of work
· Include reviews of productions or exhibits
· Separate work by type and by peer and non-peer reviewed