Speaker: Dr. Hilary McManus
Alumna Dr. Hilary McManus will discuss her role in a global initiative for women in science and her February journey to Antarctica. She is one of the first participants in the Homeward Bound organization, which is targeting 1,000 women with science backgrounds over the next 10 years to become the decision-makers who will develop new policies and lead the change. She is a member of the biology faculty at Le Moyne College, where she earned the Louis D. DeGennaro Undergraduate Mentor Award. Part of the Feinberg Excellence Fund Series on Gender and Sports. Free; parking in lot 8, along Washington Boulevard in front of Shineman Center.
Location: Room 175, Shineman Center
Thursday, April 26, 6:15 p.m. - 7:15 p.m.
Concert: Chamber Orchestra - Ballet
Members of SUNY Oswego's College-Community Orchestra will perform pieces by Bach, Vivaldi, Mendelssohn and Mozart. The Orchestra will be joined by dancers ages 5 to 21 from the college's "Intermediate Ballet Technique" class and others from the Oswego Ballet Academy. Free; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/parking. 315-312-2130.
Location: Ballroom, Sheldon Hall
Friday, April 27, 7:30 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Baseball vs. Cortland
No admission fee
Location: Laker Baseball Field
Friday, April 27, 3 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Men's Golf - 12th Laker Spring Invitational
No admission fee.
Location: Oswego Country Club, 610 W 1st St, Oswego, NY 13126, USA
Saturday, April 28, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Thursday, April 26, 6:46 a.m. - 6:46 a.m.
April 16, 2012
*3:00 - 5:00 PM*
*Room 107 Lanigan Hall*
I. Approval of Agenda
II. Approval of April 2, 2012 minutes (available at http://www.oswego.edu/academics/faculty/assembly/Minutes/msp12.html)
III. FA Interim Chair's Report - Joan Carroll
IV. Reports of Councils, Committees and Task Forces
V. Elections for vacancies on FA Councils and Committees
· General Education Council (1 CLAS Social & Behavioral Sciences seat)
· Information Technology Council (1 FA seat)
· Library Council (2 FA seats)
· Student Association Senate (1 faculty or professional staff seats)
· President Climate Commitment and Environmental Sustainability Team (1 SoB seat)
VI. Unfinished business (available at http://www.oswego.edu/academics/faculty/assembly/Minutes/msp12.html)
· Elections of faculty members to the Task force on Governance, Committee Structure and Collaboration - one from each of the Schools, one from the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and one from the Library
· Proposed revision to Curriculum & Instruction department's:
o Childhood Education 1-6 - Social Studies concentration
o Adolescence Education 7-12 - Social Studies concentration
· Proposed revisions to Public Relations major - BA degree
· General Education proposals