Rice Creek Ramble
Family-friendly naturalist-led walk. Participants should dress for the weather and call 315-312-6677 on the morning of the hike to check trail conditions. Program size is limited, unable to accommodate groups. Children 17 and under must be accompanied by an adult. Free.
Location: Rice Creek Field Station
Saturday, Aug 19, 11 a.m. - noon
Reception and Auction: "Judith Ann Benedict: An Illustrated Life"
Exhibition, reception, labyrinth walk and live auction in honor of Benedict, a longtime former art faculty member who passed away in 2016. In a prolific illustration career that spanned over 50 years, her work was published in many forms, including children's books and posters. Live auction will run 3 to 5 p.m. with proceeds to support Judith Ann Benedict Scholarship Fund. Free admission. 315.312.2111 or email@example.com.
Location: Tyler Art Gallery
Saturday, Aug 19, noon - 6 p.m.
Men's Soccer Classic - Oswego vs. Houghton
Location: Laker Turf Stadium
Friday, Sept 1, 3 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Women's soccer vs. Morrisville
Location: Laker Soccer Field
Friday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Thursday, Aug 17, 12:51 a.m. - 12:51 a.m.
April 16, 2012
*3:00 - 5:00 PM*
*Room 107 Lanigan Hall*
I. Approval of Agenda
II. Approval of April 2, 2012 minutes (available at http://www.oswego.edu/academics/faculty/assembly/Minutes/msp12.html)
III. FA Interim Chair's Report - Joan Carroll
IV. Reports of Councils, Committees and Task Forces
V. Elections for vacancies on FA Councils and Committees
· General Education Council (1 CLAS Social & Behavioral Sciences seat)
· Information Technology Council (1 FA seat)
· Library Council (2 FA seats)
· Student Association Senate (1 faculty or professional staff seats)
· President Climate Commitment and Environmental Sustainability Team (1 SoB seat)
VI. Unfinished business (available at http://www.oswego.edu/academics/faculty/assembly/Minutes/msp12.html)
· Elections of faculty members to the Task force on Governance, Committee Structure and Collaboration - one from each of the Schools, one from the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and one from the Library
· Proposed revision to Curriculum & Instruction department's:
o Childhood Education 1-6 - Social Studies concentration
o Adolescence Education 7-12 - Social Studies concentration
· Proposed revisions to Public Relations major - BA degree
· General Education proposals