Columbus Day Open House
The Open House will include: Admissions presentations, a chance to talk with faculty, student-guided campus tours, select tours of academic facilities and an opportunity to meet with representatives from Career Services, International Education (study abroad) and Experience-Based Education (internships). Presentations regarding financial aid and first-year academic and advisement programs are also offered. Please go to www.oswego.edu/visit to register.
Location: Marano Campus Center, Main Concourse
Monday, Oct 12, 9 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Internationally recognized sculptor Coral Penelope Lambert of Alfred University will demonstrate her art, the age-old sculpting and manufacturing technique using molten iron. Free; including parking. 312-2111.
Location: Lot R13, off Iroquois Trail between Oneida Hall and The Village
Thursday, Oct 15, 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Men's Tennis vs. Utica
Location: Oswego, NY, Romney Tennis Courts
Wednesday, Oct 7, 4 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Women's Soccer vs. Fredonia
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Soccer Field
Friday, Oct 9, 3 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Alumni & Friends Event with President Stanley
Save the date. http://alumni.oswego.edu/events
Location: New York, NY, USA
Wednesday, Oct 7, 1:23 a.m. - 1:23 a.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, Oct 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
April 16, 2012
*3:00 - 5:00 PM*
*Room 107 Lanigan Hall*
I. Approval of Agenda
II. Approval of April 2, 2012 minutes (available at http://www.oswego.edu/academics/faculty/assembly/Minutes/msp12.html)
III. FA Interim Chair's Report - Joan Carroll
IV. Reports of Councils, Committees and Task Forces
V. Elections for vacancies on FA Councils and Committees
· General Education Council (1 CLAS Social & Behavioral Sciences seat)
· Information Technology Council (1 FA seat)
· Library Council (2 FA seats)
· Student Association Senate (1 faculty or professional staff seats)
· President Climate Commitment and Environmental Sustainability Team (1 SoB seat)
VI. Unfinished business (available at http://www.oswego.edu/academics/faculty/assembly/Minutes/msp12.html)
· Elections of faculty members to the Task force on Governance, Committee Structure and Collaboration - one from each of the Schools, one from the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and one from the Library
· Proposed revision to Curriculum & Instruction department's:
o Childhood Education 1-6 - Social Studies concentration
o Adolescence Education 7-12 - Social Studies concentration
· Proposed revisions to Public Relations major - BA degree
· General Education proposals