Third summer session begins
Saturday, June 23, 7 a.m. - 7 a.m.
Talk: “Lake Ontario - What We Can Do?”
Susan Gateley will speak about “Lake Ontario - What We Can Do?” She is a life-long Lake Ontario watcher and a sailor upon its waters for 50 years. The talk is part of a Brown Bag speaker series tying into the "We Are Lake Ontario" exhibition. Gateley has written many magazine articles and a half dozen books on the lake’s ecology and maritime history. In support of the campus-wide project on fresh water, she will discuss what’s being done and what more we can do to heal and restore our still great but troubled lake. Though now the most stressed of the five Great Lakes, Lake Ontario is still an amazing and resilient ecosystem. Free. Part of SUNY Oswego's two-year, college-wide Grand Challenges Project: Fresh Water for All. For more information, visit oswego.edu/grand-challenges.
Location: Oswego State Downtown
Thursday, July 12, noon - 1 p.m.
February 13, 2012
*3:00 – 3:55 PM*
*Room 107 Lanigan Hall*
NOTE: Abbreviated meeting time due to General Faculty meeting at 4:00 pm.
I. Approval of Agenda
II. Approval of January 30, 2012 minutes (available at http://www.oswego.edu/academics/faculty/assembly/Minutes/mf11.html)
III. FA Interim Chair’s Report – Joan Carroll
IV. Reports of Councils, Committees and Task Forces
V. Elections for vacancies on FA Councils and Committees
· Priorities and Planning (Social and Behavior Sciences, 1 Seat)
· Information Technology Council (1 FA seat)
· Library Council (2 FA seats)
· Student Association Senate (2 faculty or professional staff seats)
· President Climate Commitment and Environmental Sustainability Team (1 SoB seat)
VI. Unfinished business (available at http://www.oswego.edu/academics/faculty/assembly/Minutes/mf11.html)
· Revisions to Expressive Arts Therapy Minor
· Revisions to Academic Policies Council reporting out memo
VII. New Business