Lessons from Tragedy: A Conversation on School Safety and Preparedness
Frank DeAngelis, retired principal of Columbine High School now with Safe and Sound School, and Kristina Anderson, survivor of the Virginia Tech tragedy and founder of the Koshka Foundation for Safe Schools, will speak on how to improve school safety. Program to start at 5 p.m. Light refreshments. Free; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 315-312-3404.
Location: Room 101, Lanigan Hall
Wednesday, March 1, 4:45 p.m. - 6:15 p.m.
Irish-American Heritage Month kickoff
The Syracuse Kinlough Academy of Irish Dancers will perform. Presentation on Irish culture and samples of cultural foods will be served. Free for all SUNY Oswego students, faculty and staff. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Marano Campus Center activity court
Wednesday, March 1, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Men's Lacrosse vs. SUNY Poly
Location: Laker Turf Stadium
Friday, March 3, 4 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Men's Ice Hockey SUNYAC Championship - Oswego vs Plattsburgh
$8, free for SUNY Oswego students with ID. Tickets may be purchased at tickets.oswego.edu. 315-312-3073
Location: Marano Campus Center, 109 Campus Ctr, Oswego, NY 13126, USA
Saturday, March 4, 7 p.m. - 9 p.m.
April 2, 2012
*3:00 - 5:00 PM*
*Room 107 Lanigan Hall*
I. Approval of Agenda
II. Approval of February 27 and March 19, 2012 minutes (available at http://www.oswego.edu/academics/faculty/assembly/Minutes/msp12.html)
III. FA Interim Chair's Report - Joan Carroll
IV. Reports of Councils, Committees and Task Forces
V. Elections for vacancies on FA Councils and Committees
· General Education Council (1 CLAS Social & Behavioral Sciences seat)
· Information Technology Council (1 FA seat)
· Library Council (2 FA seats)
· Student Association Senate (1 faculty or professional staff seats)
· President Climate Commitment and Environmental Sustainability Team (1 SoB seat)
VI. Unfinished business (available at http://www.oswego.edu/academics/faculty/assembly/Minutes/msp12.html)
· Proposal for Task force on Governance, Committee Structure and Collaboration
· Revisions to Broadcasting and Mass Communication major
· General Education Task Force proposals - Schedule and procedures for future meetings
VII. New Business