Candidate Policies & Representation on Faculty Council
On the eve of the May commencement, alumni celebrate the passing of the torch of learning from faculty and staff to the newest class of graduates. Faculty and staff will lead students and alumni representing various past class years in a procession to mark the seniors’ last night as undergraduates. Free. 315-312-2106.
Location: Marano Campus Center
Friday, May 13, 9 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
SUNY Oswego celebrates its 155th Commencement with three ceremonies: College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at 9 a.m. School of Business at 1 p.m. School of Communication, Media and the Arts and School of Education at 4 p.m. Former Secretary of the Army John McHugh will receive an honorary degree at the 9 a.m. ceremony. Admission by ticket. Also webcast live from oswego.edu. 315-312-2106. https://www.oswego.edu/college-store/commencement
Location: Arena and Convocation Hall, Marano Campus Center
Saturday, May 14, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Men's Soccer vs. St. John Fisher Scrimmage
Location: Laker Turf Stadium
Tuesday, Aug 23, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Women's Volleyball vs. St. Lawrence
Location: Max Ziel Gymnasium
Sunday, Aug 28, noon - 1 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2016
Join us for the biggest alumni party of the year! Visit alumni.oswego.edu/reunion for the most up-to-date information.
Location: SUNY Oswego, 7060 NY-104, Oswego, NY 13126, United States
Friday, May 6, 1:58 p.m. - 1:58 p.m.
2016 Alumni Mets Game
Gather with NYC-area alumni, family and friends for a day at the ballpark! http://bit.ly/1RKCBib
Location: Citi Field 123-01 Roosevelt Ave New York, NY 11368
Saturday, July 9, 5:30 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Candidates participate on Faculty Council, the governing body for the School of Education. Faculty Council is responsible for program and policy approval, and serves in an advisory role to the Dean. If you are interested in this kind of service, contact Faculty Council Chair, Dr. Amy Bidwell (105 Park Hall, 315-312-2291).
Academic policies that affect candidates in the School of Education are found in the College Calatog(s). Specialized professional education expectations are published in the SOE's Policy Handbook, including:
- Professional Competencies for Teacher Education Candidates describe the standards of behavior appropriate for teaching professionals. Candidates in programs for other school professionals have similar expectations.
- Fair Process & Procedure and Candidate Counsultation Policies describe what happens if professional standards of behavior are violated.
- Resolution of Candidate Complaints explains how the college must track and respond to candidate complaints.
- Field Placement Policies describe everything you need to know to be successful in your practicum, student teaching and/or internship experiences.
- Electronic Portfolio Software Policy and Laptop Recommendations explain how computer technologies are used to evaluate candidate performance and provide high quality instruction in the School of Education.