Candidate Policies & Representation on Faculty Council
Indie concert: Arms & Sleepers, American Royalty and Gianni Paci
Arms & Sleepers is an electronic duo from Boston. American Royalty is a psych-pop trio from Brooklyn. Guitarist Gianni Paci is a recent graduate of New York University and is influenced by Buddy Holly and The Beatles. Performer Magazine recently featured him on its cover. $5 at the door; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-4581.
Location: Lounge, Hewitt Union
Friday, April 25, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Theatre performance: "Young Frankenstein"
$15 ($7 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in front of Culkin Hall and in lot E-18 east of Culkin. 312-2141. www.oswego.edu/arts
Location: Waterman Theatre, Tyler Hall
Friday, April 25, 7:30 p.m. - 9:45 p.m.
Baseball vs. Plattsburgh
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Baseball Field
Friday, April 25, 3 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Men's Golf Spring Tournament
Location: Oswego, NY - Oswego Country Club
Saturday, April 26, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, May 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2014
More information: alumni.oswego.edu/reunion
Location: SUNY Oswego, New York 104, Oswego, NY, United States
Thursday, June 5, noon - noon
Candidates participate on Faculty Council, the governing body for the School of Education. Faculty Council is responsible for program and policy approval, and serves in an advisory role to the Dean. If you are interested in this kind of service, contact Faculty Council Chair, Dr. Anne Fairbrother (250H Wilber Hall, 315-312-3216).
Academic policies that affect candidates in the School of Education are found in the College Calatog(s). Specialized professional education expectations are published in the SOE's Policy Handbook, including:
- Professional Competencies for Teacher Education Candidates describe the standards of behavior appropriate for teaching professionals. Candidates in programs for other school professionals have similar expectations.
- Fair Process & Procedure and Candidate Counsultation Policies describe what happens if professional standards of behavior are violated.
- Resolution of Candidate Complaints explains how the college must track and respond to candidate complaints.
- Field Placement Policies describe everything you need to know to be successful in your practicum, student teaching and/or internship experiences.
- Electronic Portfolio Software Policy and Laptop Recommendations explain how computer technologies are used to evaluate candidate performance and provide high quality instruction in the School of Education.