Teacher Recruitment for Urban Schools Today (TRUST)
First Summer Session begins
Tuesday, May 28, noon - noon
Second Summer Session begins
Monday, June 17, noon - noon
Location: Oswego and vicinity
Thursday, June 6, noon - noon
Thursday, June 20, noon - noon
- Are you are a sophomore, junior, senior, or graduate student in the School of Education?
- Do you need academic guidance and financial support?
- Do you have an interest in urban schools?
- Do you want to be part of something BIG?
If you answered yes, to any of the questions the TRUST Initiative is for you!
The SUNY Oswego Teacher Recruitment for Urban Schools Today (TRUST) Initiative offers support to prospective teachers in our School of Education programs. Our ultimate goal is to increase the number of teachers from under-represented groups in high need urban schools. We accomplish this goal by recruiting prospective teacher candidates from urban schools, and supporting them through weekly meetings/seminars, as they progress through our NCATE approved education programs, and into urban teaching positions. In short, we have a successful, promising program already in place; all we need to do is build TRUST!
According to the New York State Education Department's, Teacher Opportunity Corps (TOC) Guidelines for selecting participants for the TRUST Initiative are as follows:
- First priority will be given to individuals who have been historically underrepresented and underserved in the teaching profession. These include individuals who are African American, Hispanic, Native American or Alaskan Native.
- Second priority will be given to individuals who are economically disadvantaged.
- Third priority will be given to individuals who do not fall into the above categories.
If you are interested and want to learn more about this great opportunity, contact Ms. Nichole Brown, 315-312-3098 today. Our goal is to support up to 25 candidates Academically, Socially, Financially, and Professionally, and we want to SUPPORT YOU!
Candidates who are interested will need to submit an application, along with appropriate documentation, to Field Placement Office: Fall entry by April 1st and Spring entry by November 1st