John & Ida Mincher Scholarship
Indie concert: Arms & Sleepers, American Royalty and Gianni Paci
Arms & Sleepers is an electronic duo from Boston. American Royalty is a psych-pop trio from Brooklyn. Guitarist Gianni Paci is a recent graduate of New York University and is influenced by Buddy Holly and The Beatles. Performer Magazine recently featured him on its cover. $5 at the door; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-4581.
Location: Lounge, Hewitt Union
Friday, April 25, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Theatre performance: "Young Frankenstein"
$15 ($7 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in front of Culkin Hall and in lot E-18 east of Culkin. 312-2141. www.oswego.edu/arts
Location: Waterman Theatre, Tyler Hall
Friday, April 25, 7:30 p.m. - 9:45 p.m.
Baseball vs. Ithaca
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Baseball Field
Wednesday, April 23, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Men's Lacrosse vs. Potsdam
Location: Oswego, NY- South Athletic Field
Wednesday, April 23, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, May 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2014
More information: alumni.oswego.edu/reunion
Location: SUNY Oswego, New York 104, Oswego, NY, United States
Thursday, June 5, noon - noon
The Department of Theatre, Oswego State University, through the Oswego Foundation, offers the John & Ida Mincher scholarship each academic year. This $1000 scholarship is offered to a freshman currently enrolled as a design or technical theatre major and is provided as a check for $500 each semester during their sophomore year. Applicants must have completed at least one semester at Oswego. To apply, provide a copy of your resume, a cover letter describing why you feel you should receive the scholarship, three letters of recommendation and the Scholarship Application Form available on line to: Jessica Hester, Theatre Department Chairperson, John & Ida Mincher Scholarship, 105 Tyler Hall, Oswego, NY 13126
The scholarship recipient is announced in April.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Jessica Hester at 315 312 2579 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Diane Lucey Ouckama Memorial
This award is named in memory of Diane Lucey Ouckama (d. 1991) whose talent and commitment to music and theatre was an inspiration to her family, friends and colleagues. This $400 award is open to any junior or senior who:
- is majoring or minoring in music and/or theatre at SUNY Oswego.
- demonstrates through performance both on campus and off, a high level of achievement and potential in performance, with an emphasis on musical theatre.
- maintains a 2.5 or better cumulative grade point average.
Kathleen Pendergast Memorial Scholarship
Dr. Kathleen Pendergast taught in the Theatre Department from 1961 until her retirement in 1977. In addition to her consummate knowledge of classical theatre and refined directorial skills, she brought a curiosity and genuine respect for all theatre that told stories in vibrant visual terms by actors who boldly committed to their craft. She taught classes in theatre history, acting and oral interpretation. This $475 award is given to a junior based on his or her activities in the Theatre Department program during their previous year. To qualify for this award, a student must:
- Have a demonstrated commitment to a professional career as an actor, director or teacher of theatre arts.
- Be a fully matriculated student in attendance at SUNY Oswego
- Be enrolled as an Acting/Directing Theatre major, and have completed at least one semester at Oswego.
- Submit a cover letter and resume. The letter should address your involvement in and commitment to theatre activities in the Acting/Directing area and articulate future goals.
- Submit three letters of recommendation that speak to your creative work and meaningful involvement in Theatre.
- Submit the Scholarship Application Form available on line to the committee at the Theatre Department, Room 105, Tyler Hall.