Laker Turf Stadium kick-off ceremony
Prior to the men's soccer game, SUNY Oswego President Deborah F. Stanley will officially open the facility together with Vice President for Student Affairs Jerald Woolfolk, Director of Athletics Sue Viscomi and esteemed alumnus and member of the 1966 SUNYAC men's soccer championship squad Dan Scaia, a 1968 Oswego graduate. The first 200 students in attendance will receive a free "Laker Turf Stadium Kickoff" T-shirt and a free soft pretzel. Free. 312-3056.
Location: Laker Turf Stadiium
Tuesday, Sept 1, 3:30 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Concert: Bach cello suites by Matt Haimovitz
Renowned Israeli-born soloist Matt Haimovitz performs all six Bach cello suites, while visiting four Central New York locations. (The “moveable feast” begins with a Tuesday live-at-noon broadcast from the studios of WCNY FM (91.3), followed by a 3 p.m. appearance at the River’s End Bookstore. The musical tour resumes at 5 p.m. Wednesday at Tyler Gallery in Penfield Library.) The remaining suites at 7:30 p.m. Sheldon Hall: $15 ($5 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in lots adjacent to and across Washington Boulevard from Sheldon Hall. http://www.oswego.edu/arts. 312-2141.
Location: Ballroom, Sheldon Hall
Wednesday, Sept 16, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Field Hockey Scrimmage vs. Union
Location: Oswego, NY, Laker Turf Stadium
Friday, Aug 28, 3 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Women's Soccer Scrimmage vs. Lemoyne
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Soccer Field
Saturday, Aug 29, 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.
2015 New Jersey Event
Find out more and register: http://bit.ly/1T3Y0iT
Location: Ridgewood Country Club 96 W. Midland Ave., Paramus, N.J.
Thursday, Sept 17, 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, Sept 17, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Alpha Delta Omega Honor Society in Public Justice is an open, democratic organization of individuals committed to academic excellence and to the ideal of justice, fairness, freedom and equality for all people in all aspects of society.
- Honor Public Justice students who have a record of outstanding academic achievement
- Promote academic and scholarly interests and inquiry among Public Justice students
- Strive to achieve social justice and improvement of the human condition
- Declared Public Justice major or second major
- Junior or senior status
- Completion of at least 30 sh at SUNY Oswego
- Cumulative GPA of 3.20 or better
- Completion of at least four Public Justice courses (core and elective) prior to induction with a PBJ GPA of 3.0 or better
- Full or part time status at time of induction
- Intention to continue in some area of the field of Public Justice (either further education or occupation/career)
- Eligible students will be invited to join each Spring semester.
- Students who wish to join must complete their acceptance response on the provided webform.
- Inductees will receive a membership certificate, attend a reception in their honor (during Spring semester), and receive honor cords to wear at graduation.
Faculty Advisor: Dr. Omara Rivera-Vazquez, 440 Mahar Hall, x3447