Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
Indie concert: Arms & Sleepers, American Royalty and Gianni Paci
Arms & Sleepers is an electronic duo from Boston. American Royalty is a psych-pop trio from Brooklyn. Guitarist Gianni Paci is a recent graduate of New York University and is influenced by Buddy Holly and The Beatles. Performer Magazine recently featured him on its cover. $5 at the door; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-4581.
Location: Lounge, Hewitt Union
Friday, April 25, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Theatre performance: "Young Frankenstein"
$15 ($7 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in front of Culkin Hall and in lot E-18 east of Culkin. 312-2141. www.oswego.edu/arts
Location: Waterman Theatre, Tyler Hall
Friday, April 25, 7:30 p.m. - 9:45 p.m.
Baseball vs. Plattsburgh
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Baseball Field
Friday, April 25, 3 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Men's Golf Spring Tournament
Location: Oswego, NY - Oswego Country Club
Saturday, April 26, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, May 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2014
More information: alumni.oswego.edu/reunion
Location: SUNY Oswego, New York 104, Oswego, NY, United States
Thursday, June 5, noon - noon
To log into ANGEL, you must use your SUNY Oswego Email username and password. If you do not know what your username and password are, please follow the instructions for setting up your Email account and password listed here.
2. Where do I find the ANGEL User Guides?
Student and Instructor Quick Start Guides are located off of the ANGEL login page under the Help link --> Guides. To access the Guides Page directly, please click here.
3. When will my courses appear?
- Before the start of the semester: After officially registering for a course, courses will not be listed in Angel until at least one week prior to the start of the semester. If you are enrolled in a fully online course and your course is not visible in Angel one week before the start of the semester, please contact the SLN Help Desk. Otherwise, ask your instructor if you will be using Angel for that course.
- After the start of the semester: When students officially register for a course through the myOswego, it can take up to 48 hours for their courses to get synchronized into ANGEL. The student course enrollment process runs daily - Monday through Friday. If you register for a class during the day you will see your class appear in your ANGEL account the following evening. Additionally, if you officially drop a course it will be removed from your ANGEL account within 48 hours.
If you log into ANGEL and see that your courses are missing it could mean one of several things. Most commonly, students will have a hold on their account and have been temporarily de-registered from their courses. To troubleshoot, please log into myOswego to see if you have any holds on your account. After you clear up any outstanding issues your course access will be restored.
5. How do I remove a course from my ANGEL Home Page?
You cannot remove yourself from ANGEL courses. Once you have officially dropped a course, it can take up to 48 hours before the system removes the course from your ANGEL home page.
6. What browsers should I use with ANGEL?
- With PCs running Windows OS: Internet Explorer 6.0 or above but not IE 7.0, Firefox 1.5 or above, and Mozilla.
- With Macs running OS X: Firefox 1.5 or above, and Mozilla.
Disable your personal Firewall or Web Accelerator and make sure you are using one of the correct browsers listed above. Also, the Browser Checker on the ANGEL login page will ensure that you have your computer configured correctly to use ANGEL. If any of the browser checks fail, please follow the on-screen instructions to remedy the problem.
8. I don't check my ANGEL courses daily. Is there a way that I can have my ANGEL course emails forwarded to my SUNY Oswego email account?
Yes! If you would like your ANGEL course mail forwarded to your SUNY Oswego email account, please follow these few steps:
1.) Log into ANGEL and click on the Preferences Icon ().
2.) Next, click on the System Settings link.
3.) Scroll to the bottom of the page and type in the forwarding email address of your choice under the Mail Settings area.
4.) It is recommended that you change the Email Forwarding mode to: Forward my course mail and mark as read in course.