Indie concert: Arms & Sleepers, American Royalty and Gianni Paci
Arms & Sleepers is an electronic duo from Boston. American Royalty is a psych-pop trio from Brooklyn. Guitarist Gianni Paci is a recent graduate of New York University and is influenced by Buddy Holly and The Beatles. Performer Magazine recently featured him on its cover. $5 at the door; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-4581.
Location: Lounge, Hewitt Union
Friday, April 25, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Theatre performance: "Young Frankenstein"
$15 ($7 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in front of Culkin Hall and in lot E-18 east of Culkin. 312-2141. www.oswego.edu/arts
Location: Waterman Theatre, Tyler Hall
Friday, April 25, 7:30 p.m. - 9:45 p.m.
Baseball vs. Plattsburgh
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Baseball Field
Friday, April 25, 3 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Men's Golf Spring Tournament
Location: Oswego, NY - Oswego Country Club
Saturday, April 26, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, May 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2014
More information: alumni.oswego.edu/reunion
Location: SUNY Oswego, New York 104, Oswego, NY, United States
Thursday, June 5, noon - noon
Physics students can take advantage of the wealth of research information provided on the web by Penfield Library. Members of the Society of Physics Students and Sigma Pi Sigma (Physics Honor Society).
Physics Students may also be interested in the following links:
- Astronomy Opportunity: www.oswego.edu/~kanbur/IRES.html
- The American Institute of Physics
- The American Physical Society
- Optics Express
- The Smithsonian
- The Internet Pilot to Physics
- PHYSLINK.COM (Physics and Astronomy OnLine)
Press Releases and Physics News Items
- Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics - Public Affairs
- HubbleSite News
- NASA News and Information
- AIP Physics News (A whole lot of excellent links besides media!)
Where to Learn More about Careers in Physics and Related Fields
(as printed in Physics Today - April 2001)
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- American Association of Physicists in Medicine
- American Association of Physics Teachers
- American Astronomical Society
- American Chemical Society
- American Geophysical Union
- American Vacuum Society
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- National Academy of Sciences/National Research Council
- National Science Foundation
- Optical Society of America
- Alfred P. Sloan Foundation
Other physics departments