Dr. Carolina C. Ilie
Indie concert: Arms & Sleepers, American Royalty and Gianni Paci
Arms & Sleepers is an electronic duo from Boston. American Royalty is a psych-pop trio from Brooklyn. Guitarist Gianni Paci is a recent graduate of New York University and is influenced by Buddy Holly and The Beatles. Performer Magazine recently featured him on its cover. $5 at the door; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-4581.
Location: Lounge, Hewitt Union
Friday, April 25, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Theatre performance: "Young Frankenstein"
$15 ($7 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in front of Culkin Hall and in lot E-18 east of Culkin. 312-2141. www.oswego.edu/arts
Location: Waterman Theatre, Tyler Hall
Friday, April 25, 7:30 p.m. - 9:45 p.m.
Baseball vs. Plattsburgh
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Baseball Field
Friday, April 25, 3 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Men's Golf Spring Tournament
Location: Oswego, NY - Oswego Country Club
Saturday, April 26, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, May 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2014
More information: alumni.oswego.edu/reunion
Location: SUNY Oswego, New York 104, Oswego, NY, United States
Thursday, June 5, noon - noon
- Ph.D. University of Nebraska – Lincoln, Lincoln, Nebraska
- M.Sc. The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- M.Sc. University of Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
- Solid state physics: surface science, polymers, adsorption and absorption
- Boron carbide
- Chemical Physics
Awards and Honors:
- Physical Electronics Conference, Nottingham Prize Finalist, 2008
- Gordon Research Conference, Young Investigator Competition Award, 2007
- Sigma Xi Graduate Research Poster Competition Award, 2007
- Division of Chemical Physics, American Physical Society Award, 2007
- Prepare Future Faculty Fellow, 2006
- Gordon Research Conference, Chair’s Fund for Early Career Scientists, 2005
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Othmer Fellowship for Exceptional Scholars, 2003-2006
- P. A. Dowben, Luis G. Rosa, Carolina C. Ilie, “Water Interactions with Crystalline Polymers with Large Dipoles”, Z.Phys. Chem. 222 (2008), 755-778- review article
- Carolina C. Ilie, P.A. Jacobson, I.N. Yakovkin, Matt Poulsen, D. Sahadeva Reddy, James M. Takacs, and P.A. Dowben, “Activated Water Desorption from Poly(methylvinylidene cyanide)”, J. Phys. Chem. B 111 (2007) 7742-7746
- Carolina C. Ilie, P. A. Jacobson, Matt Poulsen, Luis G. Rosa, D. Sahadeva-Reddy, James M. Takacs, Stephen Ducharme, and P. A. Dowben, “Angle Resolved Thermal Desorption Studies for Poly(methylvinylidene cyanide) and Poly(vinylidenefluoride trifluoroethylene)”, MRS Symposium Proceedings (2007) 0947-A03-01
- P.A. Jacobson, Carolina C. Ilie, I.N. Yakovkin, Matt Poulsen, D. Sahadeva Reddy, James M. Takacs, and P.A. Dowben, “Water Absorption and Desorption from the Dipole Ordered Polymer Poly(methylvinylidene cyanide)”, J. Phys. Chem. B 110 (2006) 15389-15392
- Carolina C. Ilie, Snjezana Balaz, Luis G. Rosa, Jiandi Zhang, P. Lunca-Popa, Christopher Bianchetti, Roland Tittsworth, J.I. Brand, B. Doudin, P.A. Dowben, “The Coadsorption and Interaction of Molecular Icosahedra with Mercury”, Applied Physics A 81 (2005) 1613-1618
- Carolina C. Ilie, Petru Lunca-Popa, Jiandi Zhang, Bernard Doudin, Peter A. Dowben, “Mercury and C2B10 Icosahedra Interaction”, Mater. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. 848 (2005) FF6.5.1-FF6.5.6