Lessons from Tragedy: A Conversation on School Safety and Preparedness
Frank DeAngelis, retired principal of Columbine High School now with Safe and Sound School, and Kristina Anderson, survivor of the Virginia Tech tragedy and founder of the Koshka Foundation for Safe Schools, will speak on how to improve school safety. Program to start at 5 p.m. Light refreshments. Free; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 315-312-3404.
Location: Room 101, Lanigan Hall
Wednesday, March 1, 4:45 p.m. - 6:15 p.m.
Irish-American Heritage Month kickoff
The Syracuse Kinlough Academy of Irish Dancers will perform. Presentation on Irish culture and samples of cultural foods will be served. Free for all SUNY Oswego students, faculty and staff. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Marano Campus Center activity court
Wednesday, March 1, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Men's Lacrosse vs. SUNY Poly
Location: Laker Turf Stadium
Friday, March 3, 4 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Men's Ice Hockey SUNYAC Championship - Oswego vs Plattsburgh
$8, free for SUNY Oswego students with ID. Tickets may be purchased at tickets.oswego.edu. 315-312-3073
Location: Marano Campus Center, 109 Campus Ctr, Oswego, NY 13126, USA
Saturday, March 4, 7 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Whatever your taste or instrument, we have performance opportunities for you at SUNY Oswego. Instrumental ensembles include:
- Wind Ensemble (contact: Trevor Jorgensen)
- College-Community Orchestra (contact: Juan La Manna)
- Oswego State Jazz Orchestra (contact: Eric Schmitz)
- Guitar Ensemble (contact: Rick Balestra)
- Oswego Jazz Project (contact: Eric Schmitz or Robert Auler)
- Latin Jazz Ensemble (contact: Eric Schmitz)
- Small Group Jazz (contact: Trevor Jorgensen)
- Chamber Music Ensembles (contact: Trevor Jorgensen)