Speaker: Dr. Hilary McManus
Alumna Dr. Hilary McManus will discuss her role in a global initiative for women in science and her February journey to Antarctica. She is one of the first participants in the Homeward Bound organization, which is targeting 1,000 women with science backgrounds over the next 10 years to become the decision-makers who will develop new policies and lead the change. She is a member of the biology faculty at Le Moyne College, where she earned the Louis D. DeGennaro Undergraduate Mentor Award. Part of the Feinberg Excellence Fund Series on Gender and Sports. Free; parking in lot 8, along Washington Boulevard in front of Shineman Center.
Location: Room 175, Shineman Center
Thursday, April 26, 6:15 p.m. - 7:15 p.m.
Concert: Chamber Orchestra - Ballet
Members of SUNY Oswego's College-Community Orchestra will perform pieces by Bach, Vivaldi, Mendelssohn and Mozart. The Orchestra will be joined by dancers ages 5 to 21 from the college's "Intermediate Ballet Technique" class and others from the Oswego Ballet Academy. Free; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/parking. 315-312-2130.
Location: Ballroom, Sheldon Hall
Friday, April 27, 7:30 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Baseball vs. Cortland
No admission fee
Location: Laker Baseball Field
Friday, April 27, 3 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Men's Golf - 12th Laker Spring Invitational
No admission fee.
Location: Oswego Country Club, 610 W 1st St, Oswego, NY 13126, USA
Saturday, April 28, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Thursday, April 26, 6:32 a.m. - 6:32 a.m.
The IPAC Mix is the collection of programs and activities that IPAC is presently supporting. Browsing the IPAC Mix will provide a partial, pragmatic answer to the question "What is IPAC?," or "What does IPAC do?"
THIS IS THE MIX ...
- Digital Humanities Interest Group (PDF)
- Osw3go.net: Alternate Reality Simulations as Learning Tools (PDF)
- Women's Studies Program (PDF)
- Pre-law Studies (PDF)
- Health Professions Advisory Committee (HPAC) (PDF)
- Biometric Identification in the Classical World (PDF)
- Global and International Studies Major (PDF)
- Institute for Global Engagement (PDF)
- Ernst and Young Lecture Series (PDF)
- Waiting for Godot: A Robot Thespians Performance (PDF)
- Sustainability (PDF)
- Linguistics Program (PDF)
- Cognitive Science & Education Study/Discussion Group (PDF)
- IPAC Fellows Program (PDF)
- IPAC Interdisciplinary Research Apprenticeship Program (PDF)
- Cognitive Science Program (PDF)
- Interdisciplinary Course Governance (PDF)
- Cognitive Science Video Hour (PDF)
- Interdisciplinary Conversations Hour (PDF)