Laker Turf Stadium kick-off ceremony
Prior to the men's soccer game, SUNY Oswego President Deborah F. Stanley will officially open the facility together with Vice President for Student Affairs Jerald Woolfolk, Director of Athletics Sue Viscomi and esteemed alumnus and member of the 1966 SUNYAC men's soccer championship squad Dan Scaia, a 1968 Oswego graduate. The first 200 students in attendance will receive a free "Laker Turf Stadium Kickoff" T-shirt and a free soft pretzel. Free. 312-3056.
Location: Laker Turf Stadiium
Tuesday, Sept 1, 3:30 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Concert: Bach cello suites by Matt Haimovitz
Renowned Israeli-born soloist Matt Haimovitz performs all six Bach cello suites, while visiting four Central New York locations. (The “moveable feast” begins with a Tuesday live-at-noon broadcast from the studios of WCNY FM (91.3), followed by a 3 p.m. appearance at the River’s End Bookstore. The musical tour resumes at 5 p.m. Wednesday at Tyler Gallery in Penfield Library.) The remaining suites at 7:30 p.m. Sheldon Hall: $15 ($5 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in lots adjacent to and across Washington Boulevard from Sheldon Hall. http://www.oswego.edu/arts. 312-2141.
Location: Ballroom, Sheldon Hall
Wednesday, Sept 16, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Women's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Soccer Field
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Men's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Location: Oswego, NY, Laker Turf Stadium
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
2015 New Jersey Event
Find out more and register: http://bit.ly/1T3Y0iT
Location: Ridgewood Country Club 96 W. Midland Ave., Paramus, N.J.
Thursday, Sept 17, 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, Sept 17, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Books may be ordered from the Oswego State College Bookstore
- Beckner, W. (2004). Ethics for educational leaders. Boston, MA: Pearson/A. ISBN: 0-205-36091-2
- Glanz, J. (2002). Finding your leadership style: a guide for educators. Alexandria, VA.: Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development. ISBN: 0-87120-692-7
- Northouse, P. G. (2012). Leadership: theory and practice (6th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA.: Sage. ISBN-13: 978-1-4522-0340-9
- Jackson, Y. & McDermott, V. (2012) Aim high, achieve more: How to transform urban schools through fearless leadership. Alexandria, VA. ISBN: 978-1-4166-1457-8
- American Psychological Association (2009). Publication manual of the American psychological association. (5th ed). Washington DC: Author.
- Bennis, W. (2009). On becoming a leader. Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley. ISBN-13: 9780738208176
- Bolman, L.G. & Deal, T.E. (2006) The wizard and the warrior: Leading with passion and power. San Franscisco, CA: Jossey-Bass Publishers. ISBN: 978-0-7879-7413-8.
- Bradley, R. L. (Ed) (2102) The administrator's handbook (2nd ed.). Latham, NY: SAANYS and The Magellan Foundation.
- Byham, W. C. (1992). Zapp! in education: how empowerment can improve the quality of instruction, and student, and teacher satisfaction. New York, NY: Fawcett Columbine. ISBN-13: 9780449907962
- Covey, S. R. (2006) The 8th habit: from effectiveness to greatness. New York, NY: Free Press, Simon & Schuster. ISBN-13: 978-0762428533
- Covey, S. R. (2004). The 7 habits of highly effective people: powerful lessons in personal change. New York, NY: Golden Books. ISBN-13: 978-0743272452
- Gardner, J. W. (1993). Gardner on leadership. New York, NY: Simon & Schuster for National Association of Secondary School Principals. ISBN-13: 9780029113127
- Garmston, R. J., & Wellman, B. M. (1992). How to make presentations that teach and transform. Alexandria, VA.: Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development. ISBN-13: 9780871201997
- Kleon, A. (2012) Steal like an artist: 10 things nobody told you about being creative. New York: Workman Publishing Company. ISBN: 978-0-7611-6925-3
- Marzano, R.J., Waters, T. & McNulty, B.A. (2009) School leadership that works: From research to results. Alexandria, VA: ASCD. ISBN: 1-4166-0227-5.
- Powell, C. (2012) It worked for me: In life and leadership. New York: Harper Collins. ISBN: 978-0-06-213512-4.
- Truss, L. (2006). Eats shoots & leaves: the zero tolerance approach to punctuation. New York, NY: Gotham Books. ISBN-13: 9781592402038
- Wheelan, S. A. (2013). Creating effective teams: a guide for members and leaders (3rd ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA.: Sage Publications. ISBN: 9781452217079
- Marzano, R.J., Waters, T. & McNulty, B.A. (2005). School Leadership That Works: From Research to Results. Alexandria, VA: Association for Supervision & Curriculum Development. ISBN-13: 978-1416602279
- Dufor, R., Marzano, R.J. (2011). Leaders of Learning: How District, School, and Classroom Leaders Improve Student Achievement. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree, ISBN-13: 978-1935542667
- Whitaker, T. (2011). What Great Principals Do Differently: Eighteen Things That Matter Most. Larchmont, NY: Eye on Education. ISBN: 1596672005
- Rebore, R.W. (2011) The Essentials of Human Resources Administration in Education. Allyn & Bacon Educational Leadership Series. ISBN-13: 978-0137008537
- Webb, L.D. and Norton, M.S. (2012) Human Resources Administration - Personnel Issues and Needs in Education (5th Edition) - ISBN-13: 978-0132397711
- Imber, M. and van Geel, T (2010) A Teacher's Guide to Education Law. ISBN# 9780415994637
- Zepeda, S. J. (2012). Instructional supervision: applying tools and concepts. 3rd edition. Larchmont, NY: Eye on Education. ISBN-13: 9781596672079
- Glatthorn, A., Boschee, F. and Whitehead, B. (2012). Curriculum Leadership: Development and Implementation (3rd ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA.: Corwin Press. ISBN-13: 978-1-4129-9219-0
- Jacobs, H. (2010). Curriculum 21: essential education for a changing world. Alexandria, VA: ASCD. ISBN-13: 9781416609407
- Marx, G. (2006). An overview of sixteen trends: their profound impact on our future. Alexandria, VA: Educational Research Service. ISBN-13: 9781931762526
- Heath, C. & Heath, D. (2010). Switch: How to change things when change is hard. New York: Random House. [ISBN 978-0-385-52875-7]
Required for Review in Module I: [During the first class session, review groups will be assembled to review one book each from the list below.]
- Bolman, L. & Deal, T. (2013). Reframing organizations: Artistry, choice & leadership. (5th Edition) San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Cameron, K.S. & Quinn, R.E. (2011) Diagnosing & changing organizational culture. (3rd Edition) San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Fullan, M. (2007). Leading in a culture of change. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Martin-Kniep, G. (2007) Communities that learn, lead & last: building and Sustaining Educational Experience. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Patterson, J. (2003). Coming even cleaner about organizational change. Lanham: MD: The Scarecrow Press.
- Reeves, D. (2009). Leading change in your school. How to conquer myths, build commitment, and get results. Alexandria, VA: ASCD
- Barth, R. (2004). Learning by heart. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Bergmann, S. (2007). Lead me I dare you. Larchmont, NY: Eye on Education
- Bolman, L. & Deal, T. (2011). Leading with soul. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Bolman, L. & Deal, T. (2010) Reframing the path to school leadership: A guide for teachers & principals. (2nd Edition) Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin.
- Fullan, M. (2010). All systems go; the change imperative for whole system reform. Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin
- Gladwell, M. (2002). The tipping point. Boston: Little Brown and Company.
- Heifitz, R. (1998). Leadership without easy answers. Boston: Harvard University Press.
- Marshall, C. (2009). Leadership for social justice: making revolutions in education. Boston: Allyn and Bacon.
- Munro, J.H. (2007). Round table viewpoints, Organizational leadership. Dubuque, IA: McGraw-Hill.
- Pink, D.H. (2005) A whole new mind: Why right-brainers will rule the future. New York: Penguin Group, Inc.
- Pink, D.H. (2011) Drive: The surprising truth about what motivates us. New York: Penguin Group, Inc.
- Senge, P. (2006). The fifth discipline: the art & practice of the learning organization. New York: Doubleday.