Concert: Ethel quartet plus guitarist Kaki King
Hard-driving guitarist Kaki King combines forces with New York-based string quartet Ethel, which joined King on her latest album, "Glow." $18, including parking ($5 for SUNY Oswego students). 312-2141. http://www.oswego.edu/arts
Location: Waterman Theatre, Tyler Hall
Wednesday, March 26, 7:30 p.m. - 8:45 p.m.
Men's Lacrosse vs St. John Fisher
Location: Oswego, NY- South Athletic Field
Saturday, March 22, 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Men's Lacrosse vs. Elmira
Location: Oswego, NY- South Athletic Field
Tuesday, March 25, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
GOLD Lunch & Learn "LinkedIn Best Practices" Webinar
More information: http://goo.gl/o7h64e
Tuesday, March 11, noon - 1 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, March 20, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Books may be ordered from the Oswego State College Bookstore
- Beckner, W. (2004). Ethics for educational leaders. Boston, MA: Pearson/A. ISBN: 9780205360918
- Glanz, J. (2002). Finding your leadership style: a guide for educators. Alexandria, VA.: Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development. ISBN: 9780871206923
- Northouse, P. G. (2012). Leadership: theory and practice (6th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA.: Sage. ISBN-13: 978-1452203409
- Wheelan, S. A. (2013). Creating effective teams: a guide for members and leaders (3rd ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA.: Sage Publications. ISBN: 9781452217079
- American Psychological Association (2009). Publication manual of the American psychological association. (5th ed). Washington DC: Author.
- Bennis, W. (2009). On becoming a leader. Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley. ISBN-13: 9780465014088
- Byham, W. C. (1992). Zapp! in education: how empowerment can improve the quality of instruction, and student, and teacher satisfaction. New York, NY: Fawcett Columbine. ISBN-13: 9780449907962
- Covey, S. R. (2004). The 7 habits of highly effective people: powerful lessons in personal change. New York, NY: Golden Books. ISBN-13: 9780743272452
- Covey, S. R. (2006) The 8th habit: from effectiveness to greatness. New York, NY: Free Press, Simon & Schuster. ISBN-13: 978-0762428533
- Gardner, J. W. (1993). Gardner on leadership. New York, NY: Simon & Schuster for National Association of Secondary School Principals. ISBN-13: 9780029113127
- Garmston, R. J., & Wellman, B. M. (1992). How to make presentations that teach and transform. Alexandria, VA.: Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development. ISBN-13: 9780871201997
- LexisNexis (2006) School Law (31st edition). New York State School Boards Association/New York State Bar Association.
- Truss, L. (2006). Eats shoots & leaves: the zero tolerance approach to punctuation. New York, NY: Gotham Books. ISBN-13: 9781592402038
- Marzano, R.J., Waters, T. & McNulty, B.A. (2005). School Leadership That Works: From Research to Results. Alexandria, VA: Association for Supervision & Curriculum Development. ISBN-13: 978-1416602279
- Dufor, R., Marzano, R.J. (2011). Leaders of Learning: How District, School, and Classroom Leaders Improve Student Achievement. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree, ISBN-13: 978-1935542667
- Whitaker, T. (2011). What Great Principals Do Differently: Eighteen Things That Matter Most. Larchmont, NY: Eye on Education. ISBN: 1596672005
The Essentials of Human Resources Administration in Education - Rebore (Allyn & Bacon Educational Leadership Series)
Human Resources Administration - Personnel Issues and Needs in Education (5th Edition) - Webb & Norton
- Imber, M. and van Geel, T (2010) A Teacher's Guide to Education Law. ISBN# 9780415994637
- Zepeda, S. J. (2012). Instructional supervision: applying tools and concepts. 3rd edition. Larchmont, NY: Eye on Education. ISBN-13: 9781596672079
- Glatthorn, A., Boschee, F. and Whitehead, B. (2012). Curriculum Leadership: Development and Implementation (3rd ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA.: Corwin Press. ISBN-13: 978-1-4129-9219-0
- Jacobs, H. (2010). Curriculum 21: essential education for a changing world. Alexandria, VA: ASCD. ISBN-13: 9781416609407
- Marx, G. (2006). An overview of sixteen trends: their profound impact on our future. Alexandria, VA: Educational Research Service. ISBN-13: 9781931762526
- Heath, C. & Heath, D. (2010). Switch: How to change things when change is hard. New York: Random House. [ISBN 978-0-385-52875-7]
Required for Review in Module I: [During the first class session, review groups will be assembled to review one book each from the list below.]
- Bolman, L. & Deal, T. (2013). Reframing organizations: Artistry, choice & leadership. (5th Edition) San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Cameron, K.S. & Quinn, R.E. (2011) Diagnosing & changing organizational culture. (3rd Edition) San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Fullan, M. (2007). Leading in a culture of change. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Martin-Kniep, G. (2007) Communities that learn, lead & last: building and Sustaining Educational Experience. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Patterson, J. (2003). Coming even cleaner about organizational change. Lanham: MD: The Scarecrow Press.
- Reeves, D. (2009). Leading change in your school. How to conquer myths, build commitment, and get results. Alexandria, VA: ASCD
- Barth, R. (2004). Learning by heart. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Bergmann, S. (2007). Lead me I dare you. Larchmont, NY: Eye on Education
- Bolman, L. & Deal, T. (2011). Leading with soul. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Bolman, L. & Deal, T. (2010) Reframing the path to school leadership: A guide for teachers & principals. (2nd Edition) Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin.
- Fullan, M. (2010). All systems go; the change imperative for whole system reform. Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin
- Gladwell, M. (2002). The tipping point. Boston: Little Brown and Company.
- Heifitz, R. (1998). Leadership without easy answers. Boston: Harvard University Press.
- Marshall, C. (2009). Leadership for social justice: making revolutions in education. Boston: Allyn and Bacon.
- Munro, J.H. (2007). Round table viewpoints, Organizational leadership. Dubuque, IA: McGraw-Hill.
- Pink, D.H. (2005) A whole new mind: Why right-brainers will rule the future. New York: Penguin Group, Inc.
- Pink, D.H. (2011) Drive: The surprising truth about what motivates us. New York: Penguin Group, Inc.
- Senge, P. (2006). The fifth discipline: the art & practice of the learning organization. New York: Doubleday.