Laker Turf Stadium kick-off ceremony
Prior to the men's soccer game, SUNY Oswego President Deborah F. Stanley will officially open the facility together with Vice President for Student Affairs Jerald Woolfolk, Director of Athletics Sue Viscomi and esteemed alumnus and member of the 1966 SUNYAC men's soccer championship squad Dan Scaia, a 1968 Oswego graduate. The first 200 students in attendance will receive a free "Laker Turf Stadium Kickoff" T-shirt and a free soft pretzel. Free. 312-3056.
Location: Laker Turf Stadiium
Tuesday, Sept 1, 3:30 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Concert: Bach cello suites by Matt Haimovitz
Renowned Israeli-born soloist Matt Haimovitz performs all six Bach cello suites, while visiting four Central New York locations. (The “moveable feast” begins with a Tuesday live-at-noon broadcast from the studios of WCNY FM (91.3), followed by a 3 p.m. appearance at the River’s End Bookstore. The musical tour resumes at 5 p.m. Wednesday at Tyler Gallery in Penfield Library.) The remaining suites at 7:30 p.m. Sheldon Hall: $15 ($5 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in lots adjacent to and across Washington Boulevard from Sheldon Hall. http://www.oswego.edu/arts. 312-2141.
Location: Ballroom, Sheldon Hall
Wednesday, Sept 16, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Women's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Soccer Field
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Men's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Location: Oswego, NY, Laker Turf Stadium
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
2015 New Jersey Event
Find out more and register: http://bit.ly/1T3Y0iT
Location: Ridgewood Country Club 96 W. Midland Ave., Paramus, N.J.
Thursday, Sept 17, 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, Sept 17, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Economics Blogs
- Links to economics blogs.
- Classic works in economics and political economy
- A collection of links to online editions of classic texts in economics and political economy.
- Economics textbooks available online
- Texts distributed on the internet.
- Data sources
- Find economic data and statistics online for use in research projects.
- Economics journals
- This is one of the most extensive collections of links to economic journals on the internet. In most cases, the home pages for the journals provide tables of contents for recent and forthcoming issues. Quite often, however, you can also find the full text of selected articles on line.
- Economic associations
- Visit the web sites of some of the major economic associations. Find out about their activities, conferences, membership, and related information.
- Economic consulting and forecasting services
- The home pages of economic consulting and forecasting firms often contain useful collections of statistics and links to economic resources.
- Economic institutes and research organizations
- The home pages for economic institutes and research organizations generally contain useful information (and occasionally data) on topics related to their past and ongoing research projects.
- Economic Report of the President, 1996-present
- These reports provide a very detailed description of the U.S. economy. Much of the text consists of an appendix containing an extensive collection of time-series data on the U.S. economy.
- Economics Quotes
- Dr. T. provides this collection of links to websites containing economics-related quotations.
- Economic working papers and bibliographies on the net
- The links contained on this page allow you to examine current research on a wide variety of economic topics.
- Ingentai (formerly CARL's UnCover)
- This service allows you to search for economics periodical articles.
- Locating economists, economics departments, colleges, and universities on the web
- This page contains links to lists and directories of economists, economics department, and universities.
- Econometric Resources
- This page is designed to assist students and professional economists conduct econometric research. It contains an extensive collection of links to data sources and information about econometric software packages.
- International agencies on the web
- These pages contain useful information for those interested in international economics and development economics.
- Single topic economic sites
- A growing collection of links to pages dealing with specific economic fields. The links are sorted by topics ranging from A - V (Agricultural economics to Virtual Library on MicroCredit).
- Nobel Prize winners in economics
- New School University provides a list of all Nobel Prize winners in economics and a brief description of the research that resulted in their selection. Additional information (including several autobiographies) may be found at the Nobel Foundation page.
- The Warren J. Samuels Portrait Collection at Duke University
- A collection of portraits and/or photographs of well-known dead economists.
- Economics jokes list
- One of the largest collections of economics related jokes.
- More jokes about economics
- Another list of jokes.
- Newsgroups and listserv groups for economists
- This provides links to the major newsgroups and listservs on topics related to economics.
- Visit the electronic markets at the University of Iowa.
- Here you can participate in an electronic futures market (minimum purchase = $5) dealing with election outcomes and other topics.
- Job Openings for Economists
- A collection of links to the major sources of job listings for professional economists. These lists are primarily directed at those possessing a graduate degree in economics. (Those interested in job prospects for those with a bachelor's degree may wish to visit our career information pages.)
- Chronicle of Higher Education's Academe This Week
- A discussion of current issues in higher education (and lists of job openings for college and university faculty and administrators).
- Journal of Economic Literature Classification System
- A quick and easy way to find the appropriate Journal of Economic Literature categories for a particular research topic.
- Examine the holdings of libraries using their home pages. (This includes the Library of Congress.)
- Media on the web
- Links to the home pages of newspapers, news magazines, news services, and television networks.
- Visit the WWW pages of publishers of economics texts
- Find information on economics texts (and associated internet resources) at these sites.
- Financial market information
- Information on stock prices, interest rates, and financial markets.
- Other economics related home pages.
- Visit some of the primary sites containing links to internet resources for economists.
- Federal, State, and Local government sites
- An extensive collection of links to government agencies.
- Shareware software
- Download shareware software using the links provided on this page.
- Search the web
- Links to the major search engines on the net.
- Other interesting sites
- Visit some of the other interesting places on the internet.