Volleyball vs Cazenovia
Location: Oswego, NY, Max Ziel Gym in Laker Hall
Tuesday, Oct 6, 7 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Men's Tennis vs. Utica
Location: Oswego, NY, Romney Tennis Courts
Wednesday, Oct 7, 4 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Alumni & Friends Event with President Stanley
Save the date. http://alumni.oswego.edu/events
Location: New York, NY, USA
Monday, Oct 5, 9:57 p.m. - 9:57 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, Oct 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
The Professional Science Master's is an innovative, new graduate degree designed to allow students to pursue advanced training in chemistry, while simultaneously developing workplace skills highly valued by employers. This non-thesis degree prepares students for career opportunities in businesses utilizing advanced chemistry courses coupled with internship and selected business courses.
Professional Master’s programs consist of two years of academic training in an emerging or interdisciplinary area, along with a professional component that may include internships and cross-training in business and communications. All have been developed in concert with industry and are designed to dovetail into present and future professional career opportunities.
The Professional track option is designed for candidates possessing a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry who choose not to pursue a doctorate, but need/want additional training and skills both in science and business to compete in today’s global market. The PSM (Professional Science Master) is designed as a terminal degree preparing candidates for entry directly into the workforce by preparing them through professional coursework in business and a 3 credit hour internship in a related setting.
What Is PSM (Professional Science Master):
- The Professional Science Master’s (PSM) degree is an innovative graduate degree designed to prepare students for science careers in business, government or non-profit organizations.
- The PSM combines rigorous study in science or mathematics with skills-based coursework in business, management, policy, law or other fields.
- It emphasizes the written and verbal communication skills, leadership, and team-building required in professional settings.
- PSM programs are interdisciplinary in nature, preparing students for fields such as Forensic Science, Computational Chemistry, Financial Mathematics and Bioinformatics.
- The degree can be completed in two years of full-time study, including a “real world” internship.
- PSM programs are unusually nimble in adjusting to shifting workforce demands and to rapidly changing research strategies and technologies; most have established advisory committees of local employers to ensure their curriculum is responsive to regional workforce needs.
- Science News, 2009
- Science Magazine, 2009
- C&E News, 2008
- Mastering the Job Market, 2008