First Summer Session begins
Tuesday, May 28, noon - noon
Second Summer Session begins
Monday, June 17, noon - noon
Location: Oswego and vicinity
Thursday, June 6, noon - noon
Thursday, June 20, noon - noon
1. Application materials go to the Graduate Office (Rm # 602 Culkin Hall)
2. Once your folder is complete, the Graduate Office sends your folder to Department of Chemistry
3. Every graduate faculty examines your application folder and votes to accept or not.
4. A letter of decision is sent to the Graduate Office from the department.
5. Graduate office will examine your folder and inform you about the final decision.
6. Decisions on assistantships are made by the Department of Chemistry. For fall semester applicants, it will be decided in late April. For spring semester applicants, it will be decided in late November. Every year we have limited number of TA positions, and these will be given to top performing students. Faculty may like to meet with eligible students before offering any assistantships.
7. There is no application deadline. However, there is a deadline to be considered for teaching assistantships (see #6). Note that incomplete applications will not be forwarded to the department for review. Please inform chemistry graduate coordinator when you send your application materials. How to apply link: http://www.oswego.edu/academics/graduate/admissions.html
1. Application fee, $50
2. Graduate Application Form (Part I-General, access at http://www.oswego.edu/academics/graduate/admissions.html
3. Official Transcripts (sent separately from your application)
4. Minimum two letters of recommendation with the reference forms; access at http://www.oswego.edu/academics/graduate/admissions.html
5. Statement of Purpose
6. TOEFL [only by International students (must be sent directly by the testing center)]
7. OPTIONAL: Summary of your research, resume, GRE scores, and etc.