Student Involvement Awards
Awards recognize and reward students and their organizations whose involvement has made SUNY Oswego and the surrounding community a better place to live and learn. Free; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-5420; email@example.com.
Location: Arena and Convocation Hall, Campus Center
Tuesday, April 22, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Indie concert: Arms & Sleepers, American Royalty and Gianni Paci
Arms & Sleepers is an electronic duo from Boston. American Royalty is a psych-pop trio from Brooklyn. Guitarist Gianni Paci is a recent graduate of New York University and is influenced by Buddy Holly and The Beatles. Performer Magazine recently featured him on its cover. $5 at the door; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-4581.
Location: Lounge, Hewitt Union
Friday, April 25, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Softball vs. SUNYIT
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Softball Field
Tuesday, April 22, 3:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Baseball vs. Ithaca
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Baseball Field
Wednesday, April 23, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, May 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2014
More information: alumni.oswego.edu/reunion
Location: SUNY Oswego, New York 104, Oswego, NY, United States
Thursday, June 5, noon - noon
1. Application materials go to the Graduate Office (Rm # 602 Culkin Hall)
2. Once your folder is complete, the Graduate Office sends your folder to Department of Chemistry
3. Every graduate faculty examines your application folder and votes to accept or not.
4. A letter of decision is sent to the Graduate Office from the department.
5. Graduate office will examine your folder and inform you about the final decision.
6. Decisions on assistantships are made by the Department of Chemistry. For fall semester applicants, it will be decided in late April. For spring semester applicants, it will be decided in late November. Every year we have limited number of TA positions, and these will be given to top performing students. Faculty may like to meet with eligible students before offering any assistantships.
7. There is no application deadline. However, there is a deadline to be considered for teaching assistantships (see #6). Note that incomplete applications will not be forwarded to the department for review. Please inform chemistry graduate coordinator when you send your application materials. How to apply link: http://www.oswego.edu/academics/graduate/admissions.html
1. Application fee, $50
2. Graduate Application Form (Part I-General, access at http://www.oswego.edu/academics/graduate/admissions.html
3. Official Transcripts (sent separately from your application)
4. Minimum two letters of recommendation with the reference forms; access at http://www.oswego.edu/academics/graduate/admissions.html
5. Statement of Purpose
6. TOEFL [only by International students (must be sent directly by the testing center)]
7. OPTIONAL: Summary of your research, resume, GRE scores, and etc.