Admissions AM Information Program
Please arrive at least 15 minutes early to park and check-in. A short, introductory DVD followed by a presentation from an Admissions Counselor will go from 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. At 11:00 a.m. a current student will take guests on a walking tour of campus. The tour will conclude around 12:30 p.m. Please go to www.oswego.edu/visit to register for this event.
Location: 222 Sheldon Hall, Historic Lecture Hall
Wednesday, Feb 22, 10 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Science Today Lecture: Julia R. Koeppe
Professor Julia R. Koeppe of the chemistry department will talk about "Biophysical studies of a link between blood clotting and inflammation." Part of the Science Today lecture series. Free; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/parking. 315-312-6586. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Room 122, Shineman Center
Wednesday, Feb 22, 4 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Men's Lacrosse vs. SUNY Poly
Location: Laker Turf Stadium
Friday, March 3, 4 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Women's Lacrosse vs. Clarkson
Free with valid student ID
Location: Laker Turf Stadium
Tuesday, March 7, 4 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Ph.D., Plant Ecology and Systematics, Old Dominion University
M.S., Soil Microbiology, Department of Botany, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Khartoum, Sudan
B.S., (Agric.) Honors, Class I. Faculty of Agriculture, University of Khartoum
Area(s) of Specialty: Plant systematics, Plant Ecology, and Economic Botany
Research Interests: The biology and systematics of parasitic plants. Ecological niche modeling of noxious weeds and invasive plants under present-day and future climate change scenarios.
Bio 101, General Biology
Bio 112, College Biology I
Bio 340, Plant Kingdom
Bio 357, Plant Systematics & Local Flora
Bio 492/592, Research in Plant Biology
Bio 492/592, Research in the Biology of Parasitic Plants
Bio 492/592, Problems in Biology: Field Ecology
- Biological Sciences
- Careers in Biology and Zoology
- Pre-health Science Advising Information
- 1st yr http://www.oswego.edu/academics/opportunities/first_year/advisement/advisement_resources.html
- Rice Creek Field Station
- Physician Assistant
- Stewart MCAT Test Prep & review http://www.stewartmed.org/
- How to do well in college http://myoswego.oswego.edu/academics/opportunities/honors/program/dowell.html
- Graduate Schools Guide/tests http://www.graduateguide.com/
- SUNY Oswego Articulation agreements http://www.oswego.edu/admissions/undergraduate/transfers/transfer_credits/articulation.html
- SUNY's General Ed Approved courses by Campus http://www.suny.edu/provost/generaleducation/CourseList/mastercampuslist.cfm
- Penfield Library, Literature Search
- Penfield Library, APA Style
- Great Lakes Research Consortium
- MSDS On-line (Material Safety Data Sheet)
- Up to the minute population growth www.ibiblio.org/lunarbin/worldpop
- Leading Botanical/ Biology Journals www.e-journals.org/botany
- Economic Botany www.econbot.org/home.html
- Sacred Earth Ethnobotany www.sacredearth.com/ethnobotany.htm
- People and Plants www.rbgkew.org.uk/peopleplants
- Neem Company http://www.bytheplanet.com/Neem/neem.htm
- Economic Botany at Kew www.rbgkew.org.uk/scihort/ecbot.html
- Plant Pathology at Georgia http://www.plant.uga.edu/Extension/fungilib.htm
Alphabetical list of De Materia Medica http://www.iandeorganics.com/homame.html