Science Today Lecture: "Transforming Cuba's Energy Mix"
Mario Alberto Arrastia Avila, a Cuban energy specialist who authored five books and dozens of articles about energy issues, will speak on "Transforming Cuba's Energy Mix." Part of SUNY Oswego's Science Today lecture series. Free; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/parking. 315-312-6586. email@example.com.
Location: Room 467, Mahar Hall
Monday, May 1, 10:20 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.
Talk: 'Moral Transformation and War'
Mark Zelcer of the philosophy department will speak with Jesse Prinz and Brett Litz via Skype. With the support of the National Endowment for the Humanities, SUNY Oswego is simulcasting a series of interactive events, themed "The Experience of War: Moral Transformation, Injury and Repair," in collaboration with Hunter College, CUNY, to create dialogues among veterans, their families, and other members of the community. Free; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/parking.
Location: Room 211, Marano Campus Center
Tuesday, May 2, 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Women's Lacrosse vs. Oneonta - SUNYAC First Round
$6 - Adults $3 - Children (Ages 5-12) Free for SUNYAC students with ID and children under 5. Tickets will be sold at the site of the game beginning at 3:00 pm
Location: Laker Turf Stadium
Tuesday, May 2, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Wrestling vs. RIT Dual Meet
Location: Max Ziel Gymnasium
Sunday, Nov 12, 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Ph.D., Plant Ecology and Systematics, Old Dominion University
M.S., Soil Microbiology, Department of Botany, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Khartoum, Sudan
B.S., (Agric.) Honors, Class I. Faculty of Agriculture, University of Khartoum
Area(s) of Specialty: Plant systematics, Plant Ecology, and Economic Botany
Research Interests: The biology and systematics of parasitic plants. Ecological niche modeling of noxious weeds and invasive plants under present-day and future climate change scenarios.
Bio 101, General Biology
Bio 112, College Biology I
Bio 340, Plant Kingdom
Bio 357, Plant Systematics & Local Flora
Bio 492/592, Research in Plant Biology
Bio 492/592, Research in the Biology of Parasitic Plants
Bio 492/592, Problems in Biology: Field Ecology
- Biological Sciences
- Careers in Biology and Zoology
- Pre-health Science Advising Information
- 1st yr http://www.oswego.edu/academics/opportunities/first_year/advisement/advisement_resources.html
- Rice Creek Field Station
- Physician Assistant
- Stewart MCAT Test Prep & review http://www.stewartmed.org/
- How to do well in college http://myoswego.oswego.edu/academics/opportunities/honors/program/dowell.html
- Graduate Schools Guide/tests http://www.graduateguide.com/
- SUNY Oswego Articulation agreements http://www.oswego.edu/admissions/undergraduate/transfers/transfer_credits/articulation.html
- SUNY's General Ed Approved courses by Campus http://www.suny.edu/provost/generaleducation/CourseList/mastercampuslist.cfm
- Penfield Library, Literature Search
- Penfield Library, APA Style
- Great Lakes Research Consortium
- MSDS On-line (Material Safety Data Sheet)
- Up to the minute population growth www.ibiblio.org/lunarbin/worldpop
- Leading Botanical/ Biology Journals www.e-journals.org/botany
- Economic Botany www.econbot.org/home.html
- Sacred Earth Ethnobotany www.sacredearth.com/ethnobotany.htm
- People and Plants www.rbgkew.org.uk/peopleplants
- Neem Company http://www.bytheplanet.com/Neem/neem.htm
- Economic Botany at Kew www.rbgkew.org.uk/scihort/ecbot.html
- Plant Pathology at Georgia http://www.plant.uga.edu/Extension/fungilib.htm
Alphabetical list of De Materia Medica http://www.iandeorganics.com/homame.html