Fall career fair
Employers recruit for full/part-time post-graduation jobs as well as internships, co-ops and volunteer opportunities. Free for SUNY Oswego students. 315-312-2255.
Location: Swetman Gymnasium, Marano Campus Center
Wednesday, Oct 18, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Ke-Nekt Concert: Nancy Ambrose King
Hailed by American Record Guide as "marvelously evocative, full of character, sultry and seductive, with a soft-spoken utterly supple tone," oboist Nancy Ambrose King has appeared as soloist with the St. Petersburg and Janacek Philharmonic, Prague and Tokyo Chamber Orchestra and performed recitals at Lincoln Center and Carnegie Hall. King will be joined by Symphoria principal flutists Xue Su, performing Sonata Op. 47 by Milhaud and Saint-Saens’ Caprice on Danish and Russian Airs. Pre-concert talk begins 7 p.m. $15 ($5 SUNY Oswego students). Parking is included in the cost of the ticket, and is available in the employee lots adjacent to and across Washington Boulevard from Sheldon Hall. tickets.oswego.edu. 315-312-2141.
Location: Ballroom, Sheldon Hall
Wednesday, Oct 18, 7 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Swimming & Diving vs. RIT
No admission fee.
Location: Laker Hall Pool, 2761 Co Rte 7, Oswego, NY 13126, USA
Wednesday, Oct 18, 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Field Hockey vs. New Paltz
Location: Laker Turf Stadium
Friday, Oct 20, 4 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Wednesday, Oct 18, 7:58 a.m. - 7:58 a.m.
Ph.D., Plant Ecology and Systematics, Old Dominion University
M.S., Soil Microbiology, Department of Botany, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Khartoum, Sudan
B.S., (Agric.) Honors, Class I. Faculty of Agriculture, University of Khartoum
Area(s) of Specialty: Plant systematics, Plant Ecology, and Economic Botany
Research Interests: The biology and systematics of parasitic plants. Ecological niche modeling of noxious weeds and invasive plants under present-day and future climate change scenarios.
Bio 101, General Biology
Bio 112, College Biology I
Bio 340, Plant Kingdom
Bio 357, Plant Systematics & Local Flora
Bio 492/592, Research in Plant Biology
Bio 492/592, Research in the Biology of Parasitic Plants
Bio 492/592, Problems in Biology: Field Ecology
- Biological Sciences
- Careers in Biology and Zoology
- Pre-health Science Advising Information
- 1st yr http://www.oswego.edu/academics/opportunities/first_year/advisement/advisement_resources.html
- Rice Creek Field Station
- Physician Assistant
- Stewart MCAT Test Prep & review http://www.stewartmed.org/
- How to do well in college http://myoswego.oswego.edu/academics/opportunities/honors/program/dowell.html
- Graduate Schools Guide/tests http://www.graduateguide.com/
- SUNY Oswego Articulation agreements http://www.oswego.edu/admissions/undergraduate/transfers/transfer_credits/articulation.html
- SUNY's General Ed Approved courses by Campus http://www.suny.edu/provost/generaleducation/CourseList/mastercampuslist.cfm
- Penfield Library, Literature Search
- Penfield Library, APA Style
- Great Lakes Research Consortium
- MSDS On-line (Material Safety Data Sheet)
- Up to the minute population growth www.ibiblio.org/lunarbin/worldpop
- Leading Botanical/ Biology Journals www.e-journals.org/botany
- Economic Botany www.econbot.org/home.html
- Sacred Earth Ethnobotany www.sacredearth.com/ethnobotany.htm
- People and Plants www.rbgkew.org.uk/peopleplants
- Neem Company http://www.bytheplanet.com/Neem/neem.htm
- Economic Botany at Kew www.rbgkew.org.uk/scihort/ecbot.html
- Plant Pathology at Georgia http://www.plant.uga.edu/Extension/fungilib.htm
Alphabetical list of De Materia Medica http://www.iandeorganics.com/homame.html