Rice Creek Ramble
Family-friendly naturalist-led walk. Participants should dress for the weather and call 315-312-6677 on the morning of the hike to check trail conditions. Program size is limited, unable to accommodate groups. Children 17 and under must be accompanied by an adult. Free.
Location: Rice Creek Field Station
Saturday, June 24, 11 a.m. - noon
Planetarium Show: "The Stars of Summer"
Planetarium operator Rich Frieman will lead an exploration of the summertime night sky, locating bright asterisms and constellations that amateur astronomers can observe from their backyards. With the aid of the dome, participants will also observe some beautiful and awe-inspiring deep sky objects that reside within the boundaries of these summertime constellations. Star maps will be provided for the audience to take home. Children 17 and under must be accompanied by an adult. Free, including parking in the Centennial Drive lot (E17) or Washington Boulevard lot (C8). 315-312-2790.
Location: Room 223, Shineman Center
Sunday, June 25, 7 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Saturday, June 24, 10:53 a.m. - 10:53 a.m.
Ph.D., Plant Ecology and Systematics, Old Dominion University
M.S., Soil Microbiology, Department of Botany, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Khartoum, Sudan
B.S., (Agric.) Honors, Class I. Faculty of Agriculture, University of Khartoum
Area(s) of Specialty: Plant systematics, Plant Ecology, and Economic Botany
Research Interests: The biology and systematics of parasitic plants. Ecological niche modeling of noxious weeds and invasive plants under present-day and future climate change scenarios.
Bio 101, General Biology
Bio 112, College Biology I
Bio 340, Plant Kingdom
Bio 357, Plant Systematics & Local Flora
Bio 492/592, Research in Plant Biology
Bio 492/592, Research in the Biology of Parasitic Plants
Bio 492/592, Problems in Biology: Field Ecology
- Biological Sciences
- Careers in Biology and Zoology
- Pre-health Science Advising Information
- 1st yr http://www.oswego.edu/academics/opportunities/first_year/advisement/advisement_resources.html
- Rice Creek Field Station
- Physician Assistant
- Stewart MCAT Test Prep & review http://www.stewartmed.org/
- How to do well in college http://myoswego.oswego.edu/academics/opportunities/honors/program/dowell.html
- Graduate Schools Guide/tests http://www.graduateguide.com/
- SUNY Oswego Articulation agreements http://www.oswego.edu/admissions/undergraduate/transfers/transfer_credits/articulation.html
- SUNY's General Ed Approved courses by Campus http://www.suny.edu/provost/generaleducation/CourseList/mastercampuslist.cfm
- Penfield Library, Literature Search
- Penfield Library, APA Style
- Great Lakes Research Consortium
- MSDS On-line (Material Safety Data Sheet)
- Up to the minute population growth www.ibiblio.org/lunarbin/worldpop
- Leading Botanical/ Biology Journals www.e-journals.org/botany
- Economic Botany www.econbot.org/home.html
- Sacred Earth Ethnobotany www.sacredearth.com/ethnobotany.htm
- People and Plants www.rbgkew.org.uk/peopleplants
- Neem Company http://www.bytheplanet.com/Neem/neem.htm
- Economic Botany at Kew www.rbgkew.org.uk/scihort/ecbot.html
- Plant Pathology at Georgia http://www.plant.uga.edu/Extension/fungilib.htm
Alphabetical list of De Materia Medica http://www.iandeorganics.com/homame.html