Art Exhibition reception: "My Hometown: A Celebration of Visual Art by Our Younger Citizens"
A display of student works selected by local jurors. The exhibition will be on display to June 18. Part of SUNY Oswego and Oswego City School District "My Hometown Banner Project." Free; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/parking. 315-312-2112.
Location: Tyler Art Gallery, Tyler Hall
Friday, May 26, 4 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Planetarium Show: "A Trillion Planets!"
Astronomers now believe the stars of the Milky Way galaxy could have about a trillion planets. Planetarium Director Scott Roby explores other known planetary systems using new 3D models in updated software. Children 17 and under must be accompanied by an adult. Free, including parking in the Centennial Drive lot (E17) or Washington Boulevard lot (C8). 315-312-2790.
Location: Room 223, Shineman Center
Sunday, May 28, 7 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Wrestling vs. RIT Dual Meet
Location: Max Ziel Gymnasium
Sunday, Nov 12, 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Ph.D., Plant Ecology and Systematics, Old Dominion University
M.S., Soil Microbiology, Department of Botany, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Khartoum, Sudan
B.S., (Agric.) Honors, Class I. Faculty of Agriculture, University of Khartoum
Area(s) of Specialty: Plant systematics, Plant Ecology, and Economic Botany
Research Interests: The biology and systematics of parasitic plants. Ecological niche modeling of noxious weeds and invasive plants under present-day and future climate change scenarios.
Bio 101, General Biology
Bio 112, College Biology I
Bio 340, Plant Kingdom
Bio 357, Plant Systematics & Local Flora
Bio 492/592, Research in Plant Biology
Bio 492/592, Research in the Biology of Parasitic Plants
Bio 492/592, Problems in Biology: Field Ecology
- Biological Sciences
- Careers in Biology and Zoology
- Pre-health Science Advising Information
- 1st yr http://www.oswego.edu/academics/opportunities/first_year/advisement/advisement_resources.html
- Rice Creek Field Station
- Physician Assistant
- Stewart MCAT Test Prep & review http://www.stewartmed.org/
- How to do well in college http://myoswego.oswego.edu/academics/opportunities/honors/program/dowell.html
- Graduate Schools Guide/tests http://www.graduateguide.com/
- SUNY Oswego Articulation agreements http://www.oswego.edu/admissions/undergraduate/transfers/transfer_credits/articulation.html
- SUNY's General Ed Approved courses by Campus http://www.suny.edu/provost/generaleducation/CourseList/mastercampuslist.cfm
- Penfield Library, Literature Search
- Penfield Library, APA Style
- Great Lakes Research Consortium
- MSDS On-line (Material Safety Data Sheet)
- Up to the minute population growth www.ibiblio.org/lunarbin/worldpop
- Leading Botanical/ Biology Journals www.e-journals.org/botany
- Economic Botany www.econbot.org/home.html
- Sacred Earth Ethnobotany www.sacredearth.com/ethnobotany.htm
- People and Plants www.rbgkew.org.uk/peopleplants
- Neem Company http://www.bytheplanet.com/Neem/neem.htm
- Economic Botany at Kew www.rbgkew.org.uk/scihort/ecbot.html
- Plant Pathology at Georgia http://www.plant.uga.edu/Extension/fungilib.htm
Alphabetical list of De Materia Medica http://www.iandeorganics.com/homame.html