Columbus Day Open House
The Open House will include: Admissions presentations, a chance to talk with faculty, student-guided campus tours, select tours of academic facilities and an opportunity to meet with representatives from Career Services, International Education (study abroad) and Experience-Based Education (internships). Presentations regarding financial aid and first-year academic and advisement programs are also offered. Please go to www.oswego.edu/visit to register.
Location: Marano Campus Center, Main Concourse
Monday, Oct 10, 9 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Family and Friends Weekend begins
The weekend includes events that showcase the scholarly, creative, and athletic talents of SUNY Oswego's students, including outside entertainment for the entire family.
Location: SUNY Oswego campus
Friday, Oct 21, midnight - 11:59 p.m.
Women's Volleyball vs. Clarkson
Location: Max Ziel Gymnasium
Tuesday, Oct 4, 6 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Women's Tennis vs. St.John Fisher
Location: Romney Tennis Courts
Thursday, Oct 6, 4 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
For more information, visit http://alumni.oswego.edu/homecoming
Saturday, Oct 1, 7:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Ph.D., Plant Ecology and Systematics, Old Dominion University
M.S., Soil Microbiology, Department of Botany, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Khartoum, Sudan
B.S., (Agric.) Honors, Class I. Faculty of Agriculture, University of Khartoum
Area(s) of Specialty: Plant systematics, Plant Ecology, and Economic Botany
Research Interests: The biology and systematics of parasitic plants. Ecological niche modeling of noxious weeds and invasive plants under present-day and future climate change scenarios.
Bio 101, General Biology
Bio 112, College Biology I
Bio 340, Plant Kingdom
Bio 357, Plant Systematics & Local Flora
Bio 492/592, Research in Plant Biology
Bio 492/592, Research in the Biology of Parasitic Plants
Bio 492/592, Problems in Biology: Field Ecology
- Biological Sciences
- Careers in Biology and Zoology
- Pre-health Science Advising Information
- 1st yr http://www.oswego.edu/academics/opportunities/first_year/advisement/advisement_resources.html
- Rice Creek Field Station
- Physician Assistant
- Stewart MCAT Test Prep & review http://www.stewartmed.org/
- How to do well in college http://myoswego.oswego.edu/academics/opportunities/honors/program/dowell.html
- Graduate Schools Guide/tests http://www.graduateguide.com/
- SUNY Oswego Articulation agreements http://www.oswego.edu/admissions/undergraduate/transfers/transfer_credits/articulation.html
- SUNY's General Ed Approved courses by Campus http://www.suny.edu/provost/generaleducation/CourseList/mastercampuslist.cfm
- Penfield Library, Literature Search
- Penfield Library, APA Style
- Great Lakes Research Consortium
- MSDS On-line (Material Safety Data Sheet)
- Up to the minute population growth www.ibiblio.org/lunarbin/worldpop
- Leading Botanical/ Biology Journals www.e-journals.org/botany
- Economic Botany www.econbot.org/home.html
- Sacred Earth Ethnobotany www.sacredearth.com/ethnobotany.htm
- People and Plants www.rbgkew.org.uk/peopleplants
- Neem Company http://www.bytheplanet.com/Neem/neem.htm
- Economic Botany at Kew www.rbgkew.org.uk/scihort/ecbot.html
- Plant Pathology at Georgia http://www.plant.uga.edu/Extension/fungilib.htm
Alphabetical list of De Materia Medica http://www.iandeorganics.com/homame.html