Indie concert: Arms & Sleepers, American Royalty and Gianni Paci
Arms & Sleepers is an electronic duo from Boston. American Royalty is a psych-pop trio from Brooklyn. Guitarist Gianni Paci is a recent graduate of New York University and is influenced by Buddy Holly and The Beatles. Performer Magazine recently featured him on its cover. $5 at the door; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-4581.
Location: Lounge, Hewitt Union
Friday, April 25, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Theatre performance: "Young Frankenstein"
$15 ($7 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in front of Culkin Hall and in lot E-18 east of Culkin. 312-2141. www.oswego.edu/arts
Location: Waterman Theatre, Tyler Hall
Friday, April 25, 7:30 p.m. - 9:45 p.m.
Baseball vs. Plattsburgh
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Baseball Field
Friday, April 25, 3 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Men's Golf Spring Tournament
Location: Oswego, NY - Oswego Country Club
Saturday, April 26, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, May 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2014
More information: alumni.oswego.edu/reunion
Location: SUNY Oswego, New York 104, Oswego, NY, United States
Thursday, June 5, noon - noon
No matter your career choice, it is very important that you get hands-on experience during your undergraduate training. Some health science careers require a specialized Associate's or Bachelor's degree, which will give you the training during your undergraduate studies. However, many careers require advanced degrees/certifications, and the schools that give you that education/training will be looking for you to have involved yourself in health care settings as a part of their admissions requirements. The following are some of the opportunities that you can take advantage of during your undergraduate careers:
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- This certification allows you a better chance to get a paid job while getting your hands-on experience.
- Certification Program at Oswego County BOCES Adult Education
- Hospice Employee/Volunteer
- Hospital Employee/Volunteer
- Medical Mission Trips
- Nursing Home Employee/Volunteer
- Summer camps that serve people with illnesses
- Office of Experienced-Based Education (complete listing of all internships)
- Co-op/Internship Opportunities in Biomedical Research and for Pre-Medical Studies Students (internships across the country, many in NY and especially NYC)
- Pre-med Internship at Oswego Hosptial (Bio 498)
- This three-credit course is set-up for students who are specifically interested in obtaining an MD, DO, or PA degree and is available for only one semester per student in their Junior or Senior year.
- It is recommended that students interested in seeking an MD or DO take the internship in their Junior year.
- Physical Therpay Internship in the Oswego Area (Bio 498)
- This two-credit internship allow students to observe different aspects of physical therapy as a profession.