Third summer session begins
Location: SUNY Oswego
Tuesday, June 30, 2:24 a.m. - 2:24 a.m.
Rice Creek Ramble
Guided walk showing visitors what creatures are around, what they eat and where they live. Participants should dress for the weather and call 312-6677 the morning of the hike to check trail conditions. Program size is limited; unable to accommodate groups. An adult must accompany children. Free.
Location: Rice Creek Field Station
Saturday, July 11, 11 a.m. - noon
Men's Soccer vs. St John Fisher Scrimmage (Time TBA)
Tuesday, June 30, 2:23 a.m. - 2:23 a.m.
Women's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, July 16, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Harborfest Housing Available
Tuesday, June 30, 2:21 a.m. - 2:21 a.m.
No matter your career choice, it is very important that you get hands-on experience during your undergraduate training. Some health science careers require a specialized Associate's or Bachelor's degree, which will give you the training during your undergraduate studies. However, many careers require advanced degrees/certifications, and the schools that give you that education/training will be looking for you to have involved yourself in health care settings as a part of their admissions requirements. The following are some of the opportunities that you can take advantage of during your undergraduate careers:
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- This certification allows you a better chance to get a paid job while getting your hands-on experience.
- Certification Program at Oswego County BOCES Adult Education
- Hospice Employee/Volunteer
- Hospital Employee/Volunteer
- Medical Mission Trips
- Nursing Home Employee/Volunteer
- Summer camps that serve people with illnesses
- Office of Experienced-Based Education (complete listing of all internships)
- Co-op/Internship Opportunities in Biomedical Research and for Pre-Medical Studies Students (internships across the country, many in NY and especially NYC)
- Pre-med Internship at Oswego Hosptial (Bio 498)
- This three-credit course is set-up for students who are specifically interested in obtaining an MD, DO, or PA degree and is available for only one semester per student in their Junior or Senior year.
- It is recommended that students interested in seeking an MD or DO take the internship in their Junior year.
- Physical Therpay Internship in the Oswego Area (Bio 498)
- This two-credit internship allow students to observe different aspects of physical therapy as a profession.