Columbus Day Open House
The Open House will include: Admissions presentations, a chance to talk with faculty, student-guided campus tours, select tours of academic facilities and an opportunity to meet with representatives from Career Services, International Education (study abroad) and Experience-Based Education (internships). Presentations regarding financial aid and first-year academic and advisement programs are also offered. Please go to www.oswego.edu/visit to register.
Location: Marano Campus Center, Main Concourse
Monday, Oct 12, 9 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Internationally recognized sculptor Coral Penelope Lambert of Alfred University will demonstrate her art, the age-old sculpting and manufacturing technique using molten iron. Free; including parking. 312-2111.
Location: Lot R13, off Iroquois Trail between Oneida Hall and The Village
Thursday, Oct 15, 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Men's Tennis vs. Utica
Location: Oswego, NY, Romney Tennis Courts
Wednesday, Oct 7, 4 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Women's Soccer vs. Fredonia
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Soccer Field
Friday, Oct 9, 3 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Alumni & Friends Event with President Stanley
Save the date. http://alumni.oswego.edu/events
Location: New York, NY, USA
Wednesday, Oct 7, 7:16 a.m. - 7:16 a.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, Oct 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
No matter your career choice, it is very important that you get hands-on experience during your undergraduate training. Some health science careers require a specialized Associate's or Bachelor's degree, which will give you the training during your undergraduate studies. However, many careers require advanced degrees/certifications, and the schools that give you that education/training will be looking for you to have involved yourself in health care settings as a part of their admissions requirements. The following are some of the opportunities that you can take advantage of during your undergraduate careers:
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- This certification allows you a better chance to get a paid job while getting your hands-on experience.
- Certification Program at Oswego County BOCES Adult Education
- Hospice Employee/Volunteer
- Hospital Employee/Volunteer
- Medical Mission Trips
- Nursing Home Employee/Volunteer
- Summer camps that serve people with illnesses
- Office of Experienced-Based Education (complete listing of all internships)
- Co-op/Internship Opportunities in Biomedical Research and for Pre-Medical Studies Students (internships across the country, many in NY and especially NYC)
- Pre-med Internship at Oswego Hosptial (Bio 498)
- This three-credit course is set-up for students who are specifically interested in obtaining an MD, DO, or PA degree and is available for only one semester per student in their Junior or Senior year.
- It is recommended that students interested in seeking an MD or DO take the internship in their Junior year.
- Physical Therpay Internship in the Oswego Area (Bio 498)
- This two-credit internship allow students to observe different aspects of physical therapy as a profession.