Indie concert: Arms & Sleepers, American Royalty and Gianni Paci
Arms & Sleepers is an electronic duo from Boston. American Royalty is a psych-pop trio from Brooklyn. Guitarist Gianni Paci is a recent graduate of New York University and is influenced by Buddy Holly and The Beatles. Performer Magazine recently featured him on its cover. $5 at the door; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-4581.
Location: Lounge, Hewitt Union
Friday, April 25, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Theatre performance: "Young Frankenstein"
$15 ($7 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in front of Culkin Hall and in lot E-18 east of Culkin. 312-2141. www.oswego.edu/arts
Location: Waterman Theatre, Tyler Hall
Friday, April 25, 7:30 p.m. - 9:45 p.m.
Baseball vs. Plattsburgh
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Baseball Field
Friday, April 25, 3 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Men's Golf Spring Tournament
Location: Oswego, NY - Oswego Country Club
Saturday, April 26, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, May 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2014
More information: alumni.oswego.edu/reunion
Location: SUNY Oswego, New York 104, Oswego, NY, United States
Thursday, June 5, noon - noon
Welcome to a pre-health advising page created and maintained by Dr. Jim MacKenzie in the Department of Biological Sciences at SUNY Oswego. The following information should be used as a guide by students who are interested in pursuing a career in the health sciences. This page is in no way comprehensive, and should be used as a starting point for students to explore different careers and learn more about the resources that are available to help them get the education/job that they want. To learn more about pre-health studies at SUNY Oswego, please visit the Pre-health Studies website.
Careers in the Health Sciences
Anesthesiologist Assistant - Chiropractor - Cytotechnologist - Dental Assistant - Dentist - Emergency Medical Technician - Genetic Counselor - Histologist - Home Health Aides - Medical Geneticist - Medical Imaging Specialist - Medical Technologist - Mental Health - Nursing/Nurse Practitioner - Nursing Aides - Occupational Therapy - Optometrist - Perfusionist - Pharmacologist - Physical Therapist - Physician - Physician Assistant - Podiatrist - Public Health Microbiologist - Medical Research - Radiation Therapist - Respiratory Therapist - Sports Medicine - Veterinary Medicine - and many others.
- Pre-health Studies at SUNY Oswego
- SUNY Oswego Health Professions Advisory Committee (HPAC)
- What major is best for pre-health studies?
- Experiential Learning (pre-health internships, jobs, etc.)
- My Health Career (designed to support future Central New York healthcare professional in all stages of development: from self-discovery tools to available scholarships to current job opportunities)
- Suggested Timeline
- Pre-MD Recommended Courses
- Dr. Walter Freund Memorial Trust (Award for pre-MD students)
- Getting into Medical School
- Applying to Medical School (including HPAC letter of recommendation information)
- What's the difference between an M.D. & D.O?
- American Medical Association
- M.D. Programs of the U.S. and Canada
- M.D./Ph.D. Programs
- Designed for those who want to become research physicians, also known as physician-investigators or physician-scientists.
- M.D. and Ph.D. training costs are generally covered by the program's funds (this means you don't pay tuition!). In addition, most M.D.-Ph.D. programs pay the students a stipend during the training years.
- M.D.-Ph.D. Training and Careers: A Guide for Potential Applicants, Current Trainees, and Advisors
- M.D./Ph.D. training programs
- Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.)
- Medical College Admission Test (MCAT)
- All medical programs will require a letter of recommendation from the SUNY Oswego Health Professions Advisory Committee
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Veterinary Colleges Accredited by the AVMA
- Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges
- Graduate Record Examinations (GRE)
Naturopathic Physician (ND)
- What does a naturopathic physician do?
- Naturopathic Medicine Schools and Careers Q&A
- What states license naturopathic physicians?
- Required courses for admission
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- U.S. Physician Assistant Programs
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- Central Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA)
- NYS Physician Assistant Licensing
- American Physical Therapy Association
- CAPTE Accredited Physical Therapist Education Programs
- Admissions Requirements for Specific PT Programs
- New York Physical Therapy Association
- SUNY Upstate Medical University - Physical Therapy
- Graduate Record Examinations (GRE)
- Kaplan GRE Preparation
- M.D./Ph.D. Programs
- SUNY Upstate Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship Program
- American Dental Association
- The American Association of Dental Schools Application Service (AADSAS)
- Dental Admission Test (DAT)
- List of Dental Schools
- Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT)
- U.S. Pharmacy Schools
- Pharmacy School Admissions Requirements
- Optometry Admission Test (OAT)
- National Board of Examiners in Optometry
- Doctor of Optometry Admissions Requirements
- Doctor of Optometry Admitted Student Profile
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Decker School of Nursing at Binghamton University
- American Nurses Association
- Exploring Mental Health Careers
- American Psychiatric Association
- American Psychological Association
- Psychology as a Career
- American Mental Health Counselors Association
- List of Allied Health Careers
- Allied Health Professional Associations
- Allied Health Accrediting Agencies
- Allied Health Salary Ranges
- SUNY Upstate Degrees (graduating from these prorgams results in only a SUNY Upstate degree)
- Each of the following programs has their own entry requirements and none require that you be a partuclar major while working towards completing those requirements. For information on selecting a course of study, please see here.
- Cardiovascular Perfusion
- Medical Imaging
- Medical Biotechnology
- Medical Technology
- Radiation Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Occupational Therapy (OT), OT Assistant
Please report dead links to firstname.lastname@example.org