Concert: Ethel quartet plus guitarist Kaki King
Hard-driving guitarist Kaki King combines forces with New York-based string quartet Ethel, which joined King on her latest album, "Glow." $18, including parking ($5 for SUNY Oswego students). 312-2141. http://www.oswego.edu/arts
Location: Waterman Theatre, Tyler Hall
Wednesday, March 26, 7:30 p.m. - 8:45 p.m.
Men's Lacrosse vs St. John Fisher
Location: Oswego, NY- South Athletic Field
Saturday, March 22, 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Men's Lacrosse vs. Elmira
Location: Oswego, NY- South Athletic Field
Tuesday, March 25, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Family Fun day at the MOST
More Information: http://goo.gl/DlpCSx
Location: MOST, South Franklin Street, Syracuse, NY, United States
Sunday, March 9, 2 p.m. - 5 p.m.
GOLD Lunch & Learn "LinkedIn Best Practices" Webinar
More information: http://goo.gl/o7h64e
Tuesday, March 11, noon - 1 p.m.
Each student is assigned an academic advisor who is a member of the faculty. Although the student and the advisor share the responsibility for the student's progress toward the degree, the principal obligation for consulting with the advisor and understanding and fulfilling degree requirements lies with the student. The academic advisor only assists the student in making the decisions which are a part of the student's formal education. The student is assigned an advisor by the academic department in which the student has expressed interest or by the Student Advisement Center if the student is not ready to declare a major, the student is assigned an advisor from the major department.
In the Art Department, freshmen and transfer students are required to take a Colloquium course that includes objectives pertaining to developing an proper academic plan.
Some suggestions for Art Majors:
- Develop a long range plan -- Your long range plan should indicate an expected graduation date illustrating courses to be taken each semester. Students in art department majors, develop this plan in ART 111: Freshman Colloquium and ART 311: Transfer Student Colloquium. To further support students through advisement, students participate in a departmental-wide advisement event every semester that requires them to create/update their graduation plan as well as to develop a schedule for the following semester. This event takes place just prior to registration.
- Transfer students -- Students transferring from other institutions have their transfer credits evaluated as part of ART 211: Transfer Student Colloquium. Taken their first semester at Oswego, this course has as a primary objective the goal of empowering students so they can be proactive in their academic and collegiate pursuits at Oswego.
- Identify courses to be used for general education, expository writing, and world awareness requirements. Careful planning in selecting these courses allow for flexibility and opportunity for second majors or minors.
- If an internship is part of your long range plan, become familiar with the requirements of our Experienced Based Education office, and work closely with your advisor and sponsor.
Transferring into the Art Department
A student who wants to transfer from one division or school of the College to another, or to another curriculum within a division or school, must submit a completed Declaration and Change of Major/Minor/Advisor from to the Office of the Registrar. Do not assume you can transfer into an Art Department program. There may be portfolio and grade average requirements. Check with the department administrator or advisement coordinator before completing formal paperwork.
ART DEPARTMENT ADVISEMENT DAYS...
Location: Typically held in Hewitt Union BallroomTime: Last week of October in the fall, End of March or Beginning of April in the spring
Overview: The goal of the advisement session is leave with a plan for graduation and a schedule for next semester, and an understanding of what is needed to do to graduate on time. Before the advisement session students are asked to:
- Review their degree progress in DegreeWorks (study guide available for download)
- Create a plan for graduation (form available for download)
- Create a schedule plan for the next semester (form available for download)
- Write down specific questions they need answers to during the advisement session students will have an advisor check their plan, schedule and make adjustments when needed.
For more information contact:
Art Department Advisement Coordinator
32 Lanigan Hall
Art Department Chairperson
Office: 125 Tyler Hall or 32 Lanigan Hall
Phone: 315-312-2111 or 315-312-5624