Laker Turf Stadium kick-off ceremony
Prior to the men's soccer game, SUNY Oswego President Deborah F. Stanley will officially open the facility together with Vice President for Student Affairs Jerald Woolfolk, Director of Athletics Sue Viscomi and esteemed alumnus and member of the 1966 SUNYAC men's soccer championship squad Dan Scaia, a 1968 Oswego graduate. The first 200 students in attendance will receive a free "Laker Turf Stadium Kickoff" T-shirt and a free soft pretzel. Free. 312-3056.
Location: Laker Turf Stadiium
Tuesday, Sept 1, 3:30 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Concert: Bach cello suites by Matt Haimovitz
Renowned Israeli-born soloist Matt Haimovitz performs all six Bach cello suites, while visiting four Central New York locations. (The “moveable feast” begins with a Tuesday live-at-noon broadcast from the studios of WCNY FM (91.3), followed by a 3 p.m. appearance at the River’s End Bookstore. The musical tour resumes at 5 p.m. Wednesday at Tyler Gallery in Penfield Library.) The remaining suites at 7:30 p.m. Sheldon Hall: $15 ($5 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in lots adjacent to and across Washington Boulevard from Sheldon Hall. http://www.oswego.edu/arts. 312-2141.
Location: Ballroom, Sheldon Hall
Wednesday, Sept 16, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Women's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Soccer Field
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Men's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Location: Oswego, NY, Laker Turf Stadium
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
2015 New Jersey Event
Find out more and register: http://bit.ly/1T3Y0iT
Location: Ridgewood Country Club 96 W. Midland Ave., Paramus, N.J.
Thursday, Sept 17, 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, Sept 17, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
DECA has turned college into an international competiton; students studying every field of business challenge themselves with career-specific competitive events. These events complement what you learn in the classroom; in other words, DECA has something to offer every student academically and professionally.
- Have a high GPA? Apply what you know against the world's top business schools.
- Want a higher GPA? Take advantage of our unique learning opportunities to catch up on or get ahead in your classes.
- Somewhere in betweeen? Use our opportunities and competitions to stand out from the rest of your peers.
DECA's focus is to "bridge the gap between the classroom and the boardroom", supplementing a student's academics with unparalleled extra-curricular learning opportunities, these being the:
- Collegiate Leadership Academy- Held annually in Manhatten, students learn the latest industry trends through company and institutional visits, corporate interviews and behind-the-scenes tours.
- International Career Development Conference- DECA has designed unique and comprehensive events for every major in a college of business (e.g. Accounting, Finance, Marketing etc.). Members compete in their respective events against the top business schools in the world and attend workshops and professional presentations.
Looking for something else? DECA is multifunctional; odds are we still have you covered:
- Interested in one day starting your own business? DECA's "Entrepreneurship" event challenges you to develop a start-up prospectus and pitch it to investors.
- Prefer to apply what you know to develop community outreach projects, transform lives and shape a better future? DECA's "Project Management" event does just that.
- Like to sell things to people? DECA's "Professional Sales" event challenges you to choose your own product and sell it to potential buyers (judges).
- Like to write? DECADirect-DECA's online newsletter-allows "social media correspondents" to share their experiences and ideas as they pertain to DECA. Not only does this prove you are a good writer (an invaluable skill to have); it proves to anyone reviewing your resume your drive to outperform the status quo.
Interested to learn more? Contact any of our officers, we'd be happy to talk to you.
President - Max Luttinger (email@example.com)
Executive Vice President -Tim Van Hine (firstname.lastname@example.org)
VP of Membership - Haley DeCarlo (email@example.com)
VP of Events - Matt Sheffer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
VP of Operations - Lauryn Goldstein (email@example.com)
VP of Finance - Greg Rabideau (firstname.lastname@example.org)
VP of Fundraising - open position
Secretary - Miranda Czechowski (mczechow@oswego.
General Manager - open position
Faculty Advisor - Mary T. Rodgers, DPS CFA