Student Involvement Awards
Awards recognize and reward students and their organizations whose involvement has made SUNY Oswego and the surrounding community a better place to live and learn. Free; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-5420; email@example.com.
Location: Arena and Convocation Hall, Campus Center
Tuesday, April 22, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Indie concert: Arms & Sleepers, American Royalty and Gianni Paci
Arms & Sleepers is an electronic duo from Boston. American Royalty is a psych-pop trio from Brooklyn. Guitarist Gianni Paci is a recent graduate of New York University and is influenced by Buddy Holly and The Beatles. Performer Magazine recently featured him on its cover. $5 at the door; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-4581.
Location: Lounge, Hewitt Union
Friday, April 25, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Women's Lacrosse vs. Brockport
Location: Oswego, NY- South Athletic Field
Saturday, April 19, 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Softball vs. Potsdam
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Softball Field
Sunday, April 20, 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, May 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2014
More information: alumni.oswego.edu/reunion
Location: SUNY Oswego, New York 104, Oswego, NY, United States
Thursday, June 5, noon - noon
Students within the School of Business are exposed to a number of experiences while attending SUNY Oswego. These experiences range from classroom assignments, on-campus work opportunities and membership in professional organizations. These professional organizations are student-operated, faculty advised, and provide avenues to interact with and gain experience from professional groups within the Oswego business community.
- BETA GAMMA SIGMA Premier International Honor Society of AACSB Accredited Business Programs
- PHI BETA LAMBDA National Honor Society for Future Business Leaders
- ACCOUNTING SOCIETY
- AMA American Marketing Association
- BMC Business Management Club
- DECA Prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance, hospitality and management
- FMA Financial Management Association
- ENACTUS Entrepreneurial Action by University Students (formerly SIFE--Students in Free Enterprise)
- SHRM The Society for Human Resource Management
- BETA ALPHA PSI International Scholastic and Professional Organization
- INVESTMENT CLUB For students Interested in Finance & Investment
- STUDENT ADVISORY COUNCIL
- INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS STUDENT ORGANIZATION
Officers of the student organizations can email: firstname.lastname@example.org with organization events for advertisement on Facebook, Twitter or the Plasma Screen T.Vs located in Rich Hall.
The Goal of Professionalism
Professionalism as a specific goal is a necessary and desired objective for all business students. It relates to a high level of commitment in the attainment of personal and professional goals, concern for completion of academic and business tasks at hand, and to well-developed interpersonal relations with people in the workplace.