Third summer session begins
Location: SUNY Oswego
Saturday, July 4, 7:47 a.m. - 7:47 a.m.
Rice Creek Ramble
Guided walk showing visitors what creatures are around, what they eat and where they live. Participants should dress for the weather and call 312-6677 the morning of the hike to check trail conditions. Program size is limited; unable to accommodate groups. An adult must accompany children. Free.
Location: Rice Creek Field Station
Saturday, July 11, 11 a.m. - noon
Men's Soccer vs. St John Fisher Scrimmage (Time TBA)
Saturday, July 4, 7:48 a.m. - 7:48 a.m.
Women's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, July 16, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Harborfest Housing Available
Saturday, July 4, 7:49 a.m. - 7:49 a.m.
Students benefit from classroom assignments, on-campus work opportunities and membership in professional organizations.
These professional organizations are student-operated, faculty advised, and provide avenues to interact with and gain experience from professional groups within the business community.
- ACCOUNTING SOCIETY
- AMA American Marketing Association
- BAP Beta Alpha Psi - International Scholastic and Professional Organization
- BGS Beta Gamma Sigma - Premier International Honor Society of AACSB-Accredited Business Programs
- BMC Business Management Club
- DECA Prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance, hospitality and management
- ENACTUS Entrepreneurial Action by University Students (formerly SIFE - Students in Free Enterprise)
- FMA Financial Management Association
- INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS STUDENT ORGANIZATION
- INVESTMENT CLUB For students interested in finance and investment
- PBL Phi Beta Lambda - National Honor Society for Future Business Leaders
- SAC Student Advisory Council
- SCOPE For students interested in Supply Chain and Operations Management
- SHRM The Society for Human Resource Management
Officers of the student organizations can email email@example.com with organization events for promotion on Facebook, Twitter, or the plasma screen TVs in Rich Hall.
Co-sponsored by the School of Business and Oswego Alumni Association, the Alumni Symposium brings accomplished alumni back to campus each year to interact with current students. The objective is for alumni to share information about their respective experiences, both in college and in the work force.
Alumni speak in classes on topics such as college activities, networking, landing the first job, excelling in an organization, job search strategies and current issues in the business world. We attempt to place alumni in classes appropriate to their expertise. Students also have opportunities to receive additional mentoring, such as a resume critique or job search strategy through one-on-one appointments with alumni.
2013 Alumni Participants
- Douglas Cypes '81: Vice President - USI Insurance Services
- Charles Hubbard '70: Regional Sales Manager - Davis Standard LLC - Black Clawson
- Sarah Kane '08: Principal Account Clerk - Office of Employment and Training
- Jason Lupo '09: Operations Management - Target
- Diane Marcus '72: Owner - Essential Business Etiquette
- Erison Rodriguez '05: Regional Sales and Marketing Director - ProAct, Inc. (Kinney Drugs)
- Richard Settembre '70: President - Way Cool Product
- Tom Varian '98: President/CEO - Riva Payments, Inc.
- Kate Wilcox '11: Client Services Coordinator - Manning & Napier Advisors
Professionalism as a specific goal is a necessary and desired objective for all business students. It relates to a high level of commitment in attaining personal and professional goals, concern for completion of academic and business tasks at hand, and to well-developed interpersonal relations with people in the workplace.