Third summer session begins
Location: SUNY Oswego
Saturday, July 4, 5:51 p.m. - 5:51 p.m.
Rice Creek Ramble
Guided walk showing visitors what creatures are around, what they eat and where they live. Participants should dress for the weather and call 312-6677 the morning of the hike to check trail conditions. Program size is limited; unable to accommodate groups. An adult must accompany children. Free.
Location: Rice Creek Field Station
Saturday, July 11, 11 a.m. - noon
Men's Soccer vs. St John Fisher Scrimmage (Time TBA)
Saturday, July 4, 5:52 p.m. - 5:52 p.m.
Women's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, July 16, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Harborfest Housing Available
Saturday, July 4, 5:53 p.m. - 5:53 p.m.
There have been many changes in the nature and practice of nursing home administration over the past few years. In an effort to ensure that New York State licensed nursing home administrators have the skills and knowledge necessary to successfully administer today’s nursing homes, the New York State Board of Examiners of Nursing Home Administrators continually reviews the guidelines specifying the requirements for licensure, including the educational requirements. Oswego courses meet the high standards set by the New York State Board.
The courses as listed below fulfill the individual course requirements for the education requirement (Qualification 3) needed to become licensed as a nursing home administrator in New York State. MBA 610 also fulfills the course of study requirement (Qualification 5). Each course must be completed successfully for three credit hours with a grade of B or better.
- MBA 610 – Nursing Home Administration (fulfills the Nursing Home Administrator course requirement)
- MBA 603 – Financial Management for Healthcare Organizations (fulfills the Healthcare Financial Management course requirement)
- MBA 601 – Issues in Health Law (fulfills the Legal Issues in Health Care course requirement)
- GRT 501 – Introduction to Gerontology (fulfills the Gerontology course requirement)
- MBA 538 – Personnel Management (fulfills the Personnel Management course requirement)
- Applicants need a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
- Completed course credit can be later applied to an MBA degree in Health Services Administration. These courses would count toward MBA electives and the Advanced Tool