Planetarium Show: "The Stars of Winter"
Planetarium Director Scott Roby will point out the bright stars and constellations visible in early winter evenings and give a light-hearted version of some of the mythological tales behind the constellations. Star maps provided. Children 17 and under must be accompanied by an adult. Free, including parking in the Centennial Drive lot (E17) or Washington Boulevard lot (C8). 315-312-2790.
Location: Room 223, Shineman Center
Sunday, Dec 4, 7 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Concert: SUNY Oswego Jazz Ensemble
Free; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 315-312-2130.
Location: Waterman Theatre, Tyler Hall
Thursday, Dec 8, 7:30 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Men's Basketball vs. Cortland
$6 adults, $4 children 5-18, and free for SUNY Oswego students with ID and children under 5. Tickets may be purchased at tickets.oswego.edu. 315-312-3073.
Location: Max Ziel Gymnasium
Saturday, Dec 3, 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Women's Ice Hockey vs. Canton
$4 for adults, $2 for 5-17years, free for children under the age of 5, free for SUNY Oswego students with ID. Tickets may be purchased at tickets.oswego.edu. 315-312-3073
Location: Marano Campus Center Arena
Saturday, Dec 3, 3 p.m. - 5 p.m.
To achieve its missions, the HRM Center has five initiatives:
1. Educating current and future human resource leaders
- HRM certificate-faculty provides HRM training programs.
- Classroom speakers – the center taps into its extensive network of human resource professionals and executives to visit the classroom and discuss current issues in human resources.
- Faculty Research Presentations– faculty showcase innovative research. These presentations provide business professionals with an update on the latest research in the field.
- Sponsored Guest speaker series/panel discussions – addressing current HRM practices
2. Support Research in Human Resource Management
- Company speakers – HRM Center faculty participate and share their expertise directly with organizations.
- Faculty Connect – business professionals have direct access to faculty and can get immediate feedback on any research issue.
3. Networking Opportunities
- Fall corporate partner meeting– HRM Center corporate partners meet to discuss issues central to their organizations’ effectiveness.
- Former student network – the center stays connected with former students through e-mails and an annual event.
4. Providing Student Scholarships
- Student Scholarships- the HRM Center provides scholarships to undergraduate and graduate students pursuing studies in the field of human resource management.
5. Fostering Faculty Research
- Faculty Research- the HRM Center sponsors faculty to present their research at professional conferences and journals.