Indie concert: Arms & Sleepers, American Royalty and Gianni Paci
Arms & Sleepers is an electronic duo from Boston. American Royalty is a psych-pop trio from Brooklyn. Guitarist Gianni Paci is a recent graduate of New York University and is influenced by Buddy Holly and The Beatles. Performer Magazine recently featured him on its cover. $5 at the door; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-4581.
Location: Lounge, Hewitt Union
Friday, April 25, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Theatre performance: "Young Frankenstein"
$15 ($7 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in front of Culkin Hall and in lot E-18 east of Culkin. 312-2141. www.oswego.edu/arts
Location: Waterman Theatre, Tyler Hall
Friday, April 25, 7:30 p.m. - 9:45 p.m.
Baseball vs. Plattsburgh
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Baseball Field
Friday, April 25, 3 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Men's Golf Spring Tournament
Location: Oswego, NY - Oswego Country Club
Saturday, April 26, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, May 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2014
More information: alumni.oswego.edu/reunion
Location: SUNY Oswego, New York 104, Oswego, NY, United States
Thursday, June 5, noon - noon
To achieve its missions, the HRM Center has five initiatives:
1. Educating current and future human resource leaders
- HRM certificate-faculty provides HRM training programs.
- Classroom speakers – the center taps into its extensive network of human resource professionals and executives to visit the classroom and discuss current issues in human resources.
- Faculty Research Presentations– faculty showcase innovative research. These presentations provide business professionals with an update on the latest research in the field.
- Sponsored Guest speaker series/panel discussions – addressing current HRM practices
2. Support Research in Human Resource Management
- Company speakers – HRM Center faculty participate and share their expertise directly with organizations.
- Faculty Connect – business professionals have direct access to faculty and can get immediate feedback on any research issue.
3. Networking Opportunities
- Fall corporate partner meeting– HRM Center corporate partners meet to discuss issues central to their organizations’ effectiveness.
- Former student network – the center stays connected with former students through e-mails and an annual event.
4. Providing Student Scholarships
- Student Scholarships- the HRM Center provides scholarships to undergraduate and graduate students pursuing studies in the field of human resource management.
5. Fostering Faculty Research
- Faculty Research- the HRM Center sponsors faculty to present their research at professional conferences and journals.