Columbus Day Open House
The Open House will include: Admissions presentations, a chance to talk with faculty, student-guided campus tours, select tours of academic facilities and an opportunity to meet with representatives from Career Services, International Education (study abroad) and Experience-Based Education (internships). Presentations regarding financial aid and first-year academic and advisement programs are also offered. Please go to www.oswego.edu/visit to register.
Location: Marano Campus Center, Main Concourse
Monday, Oct 10, 9 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Family and Friends Weekend begins
The weekend includes events that showcase the scholarly, creative, and athletic talents of SUNY Oswego's students, including outside entertainment for the entire family.
Location: SUNY Oswego campus
Friday, Oct 21, midnight - 11:59 p.m.
Women's Volleyball vs. Clarkson
Location: Max Ziel Gymnasium
Tuesday, Oct 4, 6 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Women's Tennis vs. St.John Fisher
Location: Romney Tennis Courts
Thursday, Oct 6, 4 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
For more information, visit http://alumni.oswego.edu/homecoming
Saturday, Oct 1, 7:20 p.m. - 7:20 p.m.
To achieve its missions, the HRM Center has five initiatives:
1. Educating current and future human resource leaders
- HRM certificate-faculty provides HRM training programs.
- Classroom speakers – the center taps into its extensive network of human resource professionals and executives to visit the classroom and discuss current issues in human resources.
- Faculty Research Presentations– faculty showcase innovative research. These presentations provide business professionals with an update on the latest research in the field.
- Sponsored Guest speaker series/panel discussions – addressing current HRM practices
2. Support Research in Human Resource Management
- Company speakers – HRM Center faculty participate and share their expertise directly with organizations.
- Faculty Connect – business professionals have direct access to faculty and can get immediate feedback on any research issue.
3. Networking Opportunities
- Fall corporate partner meeting– HRM Center corporate partners meet to discuss issues central to their organizations’ effectiveness.
- Former student network – the center stays connected with former students through e-mails and an annual event.
4. Providing Student Scholarships
- Student Scholarships- the HRM Center provides scholarships to undergraduate and graduate students pursuing studies in the field of human resource management.
5. Fostering Faculty Research
- Faculty Research- the HRM Center sponsors faculty to present their research at professional conferences and journals.