Dr. Lewis B. O'Donnell Media Summit
Alumni in the arts and other distinguished panelists will discuss "Digital-Social-Mobile: How Media Trends Impact Theatre, Art and Music." Part of the School of Communication, Media and the Arts Week. Free; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 315-312-6612.
Location: Waterman Theatre, Tyler Hall
Thursday, Oct 27, 3 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Tyler Hall Campus Open House
Tour the newly renovated and reopened fine and performing arts building. Performances and refreshments. Part of SUNY Oswego's School of Communication, Media and the Arts week. Free. 315-312-6612.
Location: Tyler Hall
Friday, Oct 28, 2:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Women's Soccer vs. Cortland
Location: Laker Soccer Field
Saturday, Oct 22, 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Women's Ice Hockey Scrimmage
Free admission for students with college ID. 3056.
Location: Marano Campus Center Arena
Saturday, Oct 22, 3 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
For more information, visit http://alumni.oswego.edu/homecoming
Saturday, Oct 22, 2:21 a.m. - 2:21 a.m.
To achieve its missions, the HRM Center has five initiatives:
1. Educating current and future human resource leaders
- HRM certificate-faculty provides HRM training programs.
- Classroom speakers – the center taps into its extensive network of human resource professionals and executives to visit the classroom and discuss current issues in human resources.
- Faculty Research Presentations– faculty showcase innovative research. These presentations provide business professionals with an update on the latest research in the field.
- Sponsored Guest speaker series/panel discussions – addressing current HRM practices
2. Support Research in Human Resource Management
- Company speakers – HRM Center faculty participate and share their expertise directly with organizations.
- Faculty Connect – business professionals have direct access to faculty and can get immediate feedback on any research issue.
3. Networking Opportunities
- Fall corporate partner meeting– HRM Center corporate partners meet to discuss issues central to their organizations’ effectiveness.
- Former student network – the center stays connected with former students through e-mails and an annual event.
4. Providing Student Scholarships
- Student Scholarships- the HRM Center provides scholarships to undergraduate and graduate students pursuing studies in the field of human resource management.
5. Fostering Faculty Research
- Faculty Research- the HRM Center sponsors faculty to present their research at professional conferences and journals.