Columbus Day Open House
The Open House will include: Admissions presentations, a chance to talk with faculty, student-guided campus tours, select tours of academic facilities and an opportunity to meet with representatives from Career Services, International Education (study abroad) and Experience-Based Education (internships). Presentations regarding financial aid and first-year academic and advisement programs are also offered. Please go to www.oswego.edu/visit to register.
Location: Marano Campus Center, Main Concourse
Monday, Oct 10, 9 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Family and Friends Weekend begins
The weekend includes events that showcase the scholarly, creative, and athletic talents of SUNY Oswego's students, including outside entertainment for the entire family.
Location: SUNY Oswego campus
Friday, Oct 21, midnight - 11:59 p.m.
Men's Soccer vs. Potsdam
Location: Laker Turf Stadium
Saturday, Oct 1, 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Women's Tennis vs. Plattsburgh
Location: Romney Tennis Court
Saturday, Oct 1, 2 p.m. - 5 p.m.
For more information, visit http://alumni.oswego.edu/homecoming
Saturday, Oct 1, 12:14 a.m. - 12:14 a.m.
Current CARE Support
CARE provides support for various organizations and programs for Business students. The following is a list of currently supported organizations and programs currently offered for SUNY Oswego School of Business students:
- Beta Alpha Psi: CARE provids support for travel to national conferences. Beta Alpha Psi is an organization for accounting students and professionals. Its primary objective is to encourage and give recognition to scholastic and professional excellence. Each year a Professor travels with several students to this event where they compete in accounting case competitions.
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance: Oswego students and professors help out the local community with their tax problems. Professors work with students to spearhead this effort with the help of several students who help them complete scores of tax returns every year.
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants Educator Conference: CARE sends several accounting professors to this conference every year so that they can make presentations and earn continuing professional education.
- Academic Conferences: CARE sends professors to National Conferences to present research manuscripts.
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants Career Opportunities in the Accounting Profession (COAP): The COAP program, designed to target traditionally underrepresented minorities, allows a group of high school students to visit the SUNY Oswego campus during the summer for a few days and study accounting. This gives the students an opportunity to explore the field of accounting and decide if an accounting career sparks their interests. Oswego professors help organize this event with the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants.
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants Student Awards Dinner: This event recognizes outstanding undergraduate and graduate students for their scholastic and leadership achievements. Several SUNY Oswego students earned awards. Every year Oswego professors help organize this event with the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants.
- Other: CARE helps studens in need pay for the GMAT expense to apply for the MBA Program
Past Donations to CARE
The following individuals and organizations have supported CARE's operations:
- Biogen Idec Foundation (Matching Grant)
- DiMarco, Abuiusi and Pascarella
- Jeffrey Gibbs, CPA, VP, Internal Audit, Biogen Idec Inc.
- Robert Moritz, CPA, Pricewaterhouse Coopers
- Richard Skolnik, PhD, CFA, SUNY Oswego
- Margaret and Charles Spector, MS, CPA, SUNY Oswego
All donations are credited and recognized by CARE and are greatly appreciated by the students and educators.