Indie concert: Arms & Sleepers, American Royalty and Gianni Paci
Arms & Sleepers is an electronic duo from Boston. American Royalty is a psych-pop trio from Brooklyn. Guitarist Gianni Paci is a recent graduate of New York University and is influenced by Buddy Holly and The Beatles. Performer Magazine recently featured him on its cover. $5 at the door; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-4581.
Location: Lounge, Hewitt Union
Friday, April 25, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Theatre performance: "Young Frankenstein"
$15 ($7 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in front of Culkin Hall and in lot E-18 east of Culkin. 312-2141. www.oswego.edu/arts
Location: Waterman Theatre, Tyler Hall
Friday, April 25, 7:30 p.m. - 9:45 p.m.
Baseball vs. Plattsburgh
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Baseball Field
Friday, April 25, 3 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Men's Golf Spring Tournament
Location: Oswego, NY - Oswego Country Club
Saturday, April 26, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, May 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2014
More information: alumni.oswego.edu/reunion
Location: SUNY Oswego, New York 104, Oswego, NY, United States
Thursday, June 5, noon - noon
Current CARE Support
CARE provides support for various organizations and programs for Business students. The following is a list of currently supported organizations and programs currently offered for SUNY Oswego School of Business students:
- Beta Alpha Psi: CARE provids support for travel to national conferences. Beta Alpha Psi is an organization for accounting students and professionals. Its primary objective is to encourage and give recognition to scholastic and professional excellence. Each year a Professor travels with several students to this event where they compete in accounting case competitions.
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance: Oswego students and professors help out the local community with their tax problems. Professors work with students to spearhead this effort with the help of several students who help them complete scores of tax returns every year.
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants Educator Conference: CARE sends several accounting professors to this conference every year so that they can make presentations and earn continuing professional education.
- Academic Conferences: CARE sends professors to National Conferences to present research manuscripts.
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants Career Opportunities in the Accounting Profession (COAP): The COAP program, designed to target traditionally underrepresented minorities, allows a group of high school students to visit the SUNY Oswego campus during the summer for a few days and study accounting. This gives the students an opportunity to explore the field of accounting and decide if an accounting career sparks their interests. Oswego professors help organize this event with the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants.
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants Student Awards Dinner: This event recognizes outstanding undergraduate and graduate students for their scholastic and leadership achievements. Several SUNY Oswego students earned awards. Every year Oswego professors help organize this event with the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants.
- Other: CARE helps studens in need pay for the GMAT expense to apply for the MBA Program
Past Donations to CARE
The following individuals and organizations have supported CARE's operations:
- Biogen Idec Foundation (Matching Grant)
- DiMarco, Abuiusi and Pascarella
- Jeffrey Gibbs, CPA, VP, Internal Audit, Biogen Idec Inc.
- Robert Moritz, CPA, Pricewaterhouse Coopers
- Richard Skolnik, PhD, CFA, SUNY Oswego
- Margaret and Charles Spector, MS, CPA, SUNY Oswego
All donations are credited and recognized by CARE and are greatly appreciated by the students and educators.