Spring classes begin
Location: SUNY Oswego campus and SUNY Oswego Metro Center
Monday, Jan 23, 8 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration
T.J. Holmes, ABC News anchor/correspondent and a regular on "Good Morning America," will be keynote speaker. Free, but ticket required. General public can obtain tickets starting Jan. 25 at the Marano Campus Center box office or by calling 315-312-3073. Talk to begin at 6 p.m.; doors open at 5:30 p.m.
Location: Waterman Theatre, Tyler Hall
Thursday, Jan 26, 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Women's Ice Hockey vs. Potsdam
$4 for adults, $2 for 5-17years, free for children under the age of 5, free for SUNY Oswego students with ID. Tickets may be purchased at tickets.oswego.edu. 315-312-3073
Location: Marano Campus Center Ice Arena
Friday, Jan 27, 3 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Men's Basketball vs. Brockport
$6 adults, $4 children 5-18, and free for SUNY Oswego students with ID and children under 5. Tickets may be purchased at tickets.oswego.edu. 315-312-3073.
Location: Max Ziel Gymnasium
Friday, Jan 27, 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Current CARE Support
CARE provides support for various organizations and programs for Business students. The following is a list of currently supported organizations and programs currently offered for SUNY Oswego School of Business students:
- Beta Alpha Psi: CARE provids support for travel to national conferences. Beta Alpha Psi is an organization for accounting students and professionals. Its primary objective is to encourage and give recognition to scholastic and professional excellence. Each year a Professor travels with several students to this event where they compete in accounting case competitions.
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance: Oswego students and professors help out the local community with their tax problems. Professors work with students to spearhead this effort with the help of several students who help them complete scores of tax returns every year.
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants Educator Conference: CARE sends several accounting professors to this conference every year so that they can make presentations and earn continuing professional education.
- Academic Conferences: CARE sends professors to National Conferences to present research manuscripts.
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants Career Opportunities in the Accounting Profession (COAP): The COAP program, designed to target traditionally underrepresented minorities, allows a group of high school students to visit the SUNY Oswego campus during the summer for a few days and study accounting. This gives the students an opportunity to explore the field of accounting and decide if an accounting career sparks their interests. Oswego professors help organize this event with the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants.
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants Student Awards Dinner: This event recognizes outstanding undergraduate and graduate students for their scholastic and leadership achievements. Several SUNY Oswego students earned awards. Every year Oswego professors help organize this event with the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants.
- Other: CARE helps studens in need pay for the GMAT expense to apply for the MBA Program
Past Donations to CARE
The following individuals and organizations have supported CARE's operations:
- Biogen Idec Foundation (Matching Grant)
- DiMarco, Abuiusi and Pascarella
- Jeffrey Gibbs, CPA, VP, Internal Audit, Biogen Idec Inc.
- Robert Moritz, CPA, Pricewaterhouse Coopers
- Richard Skolnik, PhD, CFA, SUNY Oswego
- Margaret and Charles Spector, MS, CPA, SUNY Oswego
All donations are credited and recognized by CARE and are greatly appreciated by the students and educators.