Laker Turf Stadium kick-off ceremony
Prior to the men's soccer game, SUNY Oswego President Deborah F. Stanley will officially open the facility together with Vice President for Student Affairs Jerald Woolfolk, Director of Athletics Sue Viscomi and esteemed alumnus and member of the 1966 SUNYAC men's soccer championship squad Dan Scaia, a 1968 Oswego graduate. The first 200 students in attendance will receive a free "Laker Turf Stadium Kickoff" T-shirt and a free soft pretzel. Free. 312-3056.
Location: Laker Turf Stadiium
Tuesday, Sept 1, 3:30 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Concert: Bach cello suites by Matt Haimovitz
Renowned Israeli-born soloist Matt Haimovitz performs all six Bach cello suites, while visiting four Central New York locations. (The “moveable feast” begins with a Tuesday live-at-noon broadcast from the studios of WCNY FM (91.3), followed by a 3 p.m. appearance at the River’s End Bookstore. The musical tour resumes at 5 p.m. Wednesday at Tyler Gallery in Penfield Library.) The remaining suites at 7:30 p.m. Sheldon Hall: $15 ($5 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in lots adjacent to and across Washington Boulevard from Sheldon Hall. http://www.oswego.edu/arts. 312-2141.
Location: Ballroom, Sheldon Hall
Wednesday, Sept 16, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Women's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Soccer Field
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Men's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Location: Oswego, NY, Laker Turf Stadium
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
2015 New Jersey Event
Find out more and register: http://bit.ly/1T3Y0iT
Location: Ridgewood Country Club 96 W. Midland Ave., Paramus, N.J.
Thursday, Sept 17, 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, Sept 17, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Current CARE Support
CARE provides support for various organizations and programs for Business students. The following is a list of currently supported organizations and programs currently offered for SUNY Oswego School of Business students:
- Beta Alpha Psi: CARE provids support for travel to national conferences. Beta Alpha Psi is an organization for accounting students and professionals. Its primary objective is to encourage and give recognition to scholastic and professional excellence. Each year a Professor travels with several students to this event where they compete in accounting case competitions.
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance: Oswego students and professors help out the local community with their tax problems. Professors work with students to spearhead this effort with the help of several students who help them complete scores of tax returns every year.
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants Educator Conference: CARE sends several accounting professors to this conference every year so that they can make presentations and earn continuing professional education.
- Academic Conferences: CARE sends professors to National Conferences to present research manuscripts.
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants Career Opportunities in the Accounting Profession (COAP): The COAP program, designed to target traditionally underrepresented minorities, allows a group of high school students to visit the SUNY Oswego campus during the summer for a few days and study accounting. This gives the students an opportunity to explore the field of accounting and decide if an accounting career sparks their interests. Oswego professors help organize this event with the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants.
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants Student Awards Dinner: This event recognizes outstanding undergraduate and graduate students for their scholastic and leadership achievements. Several SUNY Oswego students earned awards. Every year Oswego professors help organize this event with the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants.
- Other: CARE helps studens in need pay for the GMAT expense to apply for the MBA Program
Past Donations to CARE
The following individuals and organizations have supported CARE's operations:
- Biogen Idec Foundation (Matching Grant)
- DiMarco, Abuiusi and Pascarella
- Jeffrey Gibbs, CPA, VP, Internal Audit, Biogen Idec Inc.
- Robert Moritz, CPA, Pricewaterhouse Coopers
- Richard Skolnik, PhD, CFA, SUNY Oswego
- Margaret and Charles Spector, MS, CPA, SUNY Oswego
All donations are credited and recognized by CARE and are greatly appreciated by the students and educators.