Laker Turf Stadium kick-off ceremony
Prior to the men's soccer game, SUNY Oswego President Deborah F. Stanley will officially open the facility together with Vice President for Student Affairs Jerald Woolfolk, Director of Athletics Sue Viscomi and esteemed alumnus and member of the 1966 SUNYAC men's soccer championship squad Dan Scaia, a 1968 Oswego graduate. The first 200 students in attendance will receive a free "Laker Turf Stadium Kickoff" T-shirt and a free soft pretzel. Free. 312-3056.
Location: Laker Turf Stadiium
Tuesday, Sept 1, 3:30 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Concert: Bach cello suites by Matt Haimovitz
Renowned Israeli-born soloist Matt Haimovitz performs all six Bach cello suites, while visiting four Central New York locations. (The “moveable feast” begins with a Tuesday live-at-noon broadcast from the studios of WCNY FM (91.3), followed by a 3 p.m. appearance at the River’s End Bookstore. The musical tour resumes at 5 p.m. Wednesday at Tyler Gallery in Penfield Library.) The remaining suites at 7:30 p.m. Sheldon Hall: $15 ($5 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in lots adjacent to and across Washington Boulevard from Sheldon Hall. http://www.oswego.edu/arts. 312-2141.
Location: Ballroom, Sheldon Hall
Wednesday, Sept 16, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Field Hockey Scrimmage vs. Union
Location: Oswego, NY, Laker Turf Stadium
Friday, Aug 28, 3 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Women's Soccer Scrimmage vs. Lemoyne
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Soccer Field
Saturday, Aug 29, 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.
2015 New Jersey Event
Find out more and register: http://bit.ly/1T3Y0iT
Location: Ridgewood Country Club 96 W. Midland Ave., Paramus, N.J.
Thursday, Sept 17, 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, Sept 17, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Accredited by AACSB since 2002, the School of Business offers a range of undergraduate programs, several interdisciplinary programs, an MBA and combined five-year BS/MBA and BS/masters of programs to approximately 1,650 undergraduate students and 200 graduate students. Housed in renovated Rich Hall, our classes provide practical skills and project-based learning to complement theory, with a strong and successful alumni network that can help you during and after your college years. Graduate students have the option of taking classes online or at the Metro Center in downtown Syracuse.
With our growing enrollments, we work to expand international experiences, to reach out to part-time graduate students, and to be more fully engaged in regional economic development. Graduates of Oswego's business programs are highly successful with careers ranging from the corporate sector to non-profit/government agencies to entrepreneurial enterprises.
A talented and experienced team of faculty and administrative staff helps shape and guide an outstanding experience for our students. The Center for Accounting Research and Education, as well as the Human Resource Management Center are among the special features of our school. Learn more about the School of Business.
If you're new to campus or the business programs, check out our laptop recommendation (pdf, 213MB).
- The SUNY Oswego Phi Beta Lambda chapter recently placed in three events at the national leadership conference in Chicago. Congratulations to:
Nicholas Schneller--Fifth Place in Entrepreneurial Concepts, Mark Prezioso--Fifth Place in Management Concepts, Jordan Parkinson and Mark Prezioso--Fifth Place in Business Ethics.
- The SUNY Oswego School of Business was ranked #69 nationally by the Military Times Best for Vets Survey.
- The School of Business has also made the Princeton Review ranking list, "Top 25 Online MBA Programs for 2015."
- Dr. Mary Rodgers presented a paper at the Atlanta Federal Reserve Bank. Her presentation "Was the Panic of 1907 a Global Crisis? Testing the Noyes Hypothesis (PDF) was one of 16 invited presentations for a workshop on monetary and financial crises.
- Congratulations to the SUNY Oswego Enactus team for their accomplishments at the Enactus United States National Exposition in St. Louis, Missouri. The team created a 20 minute scripted presentation with accompanying media outlining the outcomes of its five active community service projects. Oswego Enactus came in second in the Quarter Final Round of competition this year and shattered a school record, finishing between the top 17-32 teams in the nation. The 2015 presentation team consisted of Mark Michel, Noah Oliver, Tashi Namgyal, Mark Prezioso, Jordan Shutts, and Cher Smith.
- The School of Business made the Princeton Review's Best Business Schools list of the nation's outstanding MBA-granting schools for the 11th consecutive year.
- Discover what's new in the School of Business by reading the current newsletter in our Newsletter Archive.