Student Involvement Awards
Awards recognize and reward students and their organizations whose involvement has made SUNY Oswego and the surrounding community a better place to live and learn. Free; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-5420; email@example.com.
Location: Arena and Convocation Hall, Campus Center
Tuesday, April 22, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Indie concert: Arms & Sleepers, American Royalty and Gianni Paci
Arms & Sleepers is an electronic duo from Boston. American Royalty is a psych-pop trio from Brooklyn. Guitarist Gianni Paci is a recent graduate of New York University and is influenced by Buddy Holly and The Beatles. Performer Magazine recently featured him on its cover. $5 at the door; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-4581.
Location: Lounge, Hewitt Union
Friday, April 25, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Softball vs. SUNYIT
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Softball Field
Tuesday, April 22, 3:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Baseball vs. Ithaca
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Baseball Field
Wednesday, April 23, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, May 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2014
More information: alumni.oswego.edu/reunion
Location: SUNY Oswego, New York 104, Oswego, NY, United States
Thursday, June 5, noon - noon
Ernst and Young Lecture Series (by date)
Thu, September 27th, 6:00pm - 7:30pm in the Campus Center Auditorium (Room 132)
- Lecture: "Making Spaces: Women's Work in the Developing World"
- Synopsis from Oswego Events Calendar: "By Craig Warkentin of the political science faculty at SUNY Oswego. Despite impressive gains in recent years, workplace inequality remains the norm for many of the world's women. This is particularly true in developing countries, where traditional gender roles often limit women's opportunities to participate in public life. Examining child brides, clean cookstoves and self-employment, Dr. Warkentin will examine how women consigned to the home are challenging patriarchal controls and finding ways to empower themselves in an increasingly globalized economy."
Thu, October 4th, 6:00pm - 7:30pm in the Campus Center Auditorium (Room 132)
- Lecture: "Iranian Women at Work: Stay-at-home Mothers with Ph.D.s?"
- Synopsis from Oswego Events Calendar: "By Nastaran Moossavi, a gender and evaluation consultant, and Mehran Nojan, director of institutional research at SUNY Oswego. Moossavi will explore some of the history of women working in Iran, their current status, some recent changes in their situations and the continuing challenges for working women. Nojan will add some of her own observations about women in Iran and answer questions from the audience about women's work in Iran."
Thu, October 11th, 6:00pm - 7:30pm in the Campus Center Auditorium (Room 132)
- Lecture: "Perspectives on Discrimination and Sexual Harassment: Japan and the U.S."
- Synopsis from Oswego Events Calendar: "By Lisa Langlois of the art faculty at SUNY Oswego. Dr. Langlois will examine similarities and differences in discrimination and sexual harassment laws for workplaces in the U.S. and Japan. While Japan's laws are progressive, in some ways more so than in the U.S., each country has cultural, social and even linguistic barriers that reinforce power imbalances in the workplace and deter women from reporting sexual harassment."
Thu, November 1st, 6:00pm - 7:30pm in the Campus Center Auditorium (Room 132)
- Lecture: "Strategies for Advancing Women's Success"
- Synopsis from Oswego Events Calendar: "By Jocelyn Egan, senior vice president of Discovery Solutions. Egan, a 1984 SUNY Oswego graduate in marketing, will talk about her own career experiences and the ways in which her personal philosophy and her companies' workplace policies have encouraged her success. She will give audience members advice about her lessons learned on the road to her current position."
Women's Empowerment Series,
hosted by the SUNY Oswego Phoenix Center
Held Quarterly - 2nd Friday of the month, 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Winter - December 14, 2012: Rest and Relaxation
Spring - March 8, 2013: Rejuvenation
Summer - June 14, 2013: Growth
Must register and pay a fee to participate. For more information or to register, CLICK HERE.