Indie concert: Arms & Sleepers, American Royalty and Gianni Paci
Arms & Sleepers is an electronic duo from Boston. American Royalty is a psych-pop trio from Brooklyn. Guitarist Gianni Paci is a recent graduate of New York University and is influenced by Buddy Holly and The Beatles. Performer Magazine recently featured him on its cover. $5 at the door; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-4581.
Location: Lounge, Hewitt Union
Friday, April 25, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Theatre performance: "Young Frankenstein"
$15 ($7 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in front of Culkin Hall and in lot E-18 east of Culkin. 312-2141. www.oswego.edu/arts
Location: Waterman Theatre, Tyler Hall
Friday, April 25, 7:30 p.m. - 9:45 p.m.
Baseball vs. Plattsburgh
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Baseball Field
Friday, April 25, 3 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Men's Golf Spring Tournament
Location: Oswego, NY - Oswego Country Club
Saturday, April 26, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, May 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2014
More information: alumni.oswego.edu/reunion
Location: SUNY Oswego, New York 104, Oswego, NY, United States
Thursday, June 5, noon - noon
Goal: Design exemplary programs with remarkable academic identity, standing and success by:
• Identifying and developing programs of emerging distinction that are central to improving the college’s stature and will ensure students are provided a full range of high-quality learning opportunities that respond to student interests;
• Designating programs to attain national and international status for excellence through self-assessment and external reviews;
• Assessing major academic and general education programs to document student achievement and ensure all students graduate with strong core skills and an appreciation of the arts and humanities; an understanding of science, technology and mathematics; the ability to work within and across disciplinary boundaries; and the tools needed to participate in a global environment.
Goal: Recruit, nurture and retain faculty and staff of distinction by:
• Maintaining competitive compensation systems to recruit and retain exceptionally able, dedicated and diverse faculty and staff, and by establishing new positions in critical areas;
• Providing and facilitating means of connections that serve faculty and staff through academic, cultural and social programs, and engagement activities;
• Augmenting support for the facilities, equipment, research collections, library and information technologies and professional growth critical to exceptional teaching, mentoring, scholarship and creative activity.
Goal: Create a sense of pride, spirit of unity and lifelong affinity for the college by:
• Offering relationship-building opportunities that instill a sense of pride and foster a seamless connection among constituents through active campus life, intercollegiate athletics, intramurals, wellness activities and social networks;
• Enlisting key campus constituents to serve as ambassadors for the college in local, regional, state, national and international communities through educational, cultural, service and recreational programs;
• Celebrating extraordinary talents and accomplishments of students, faculty, staff and alumni by developing an integrated institutional relations and marketing plan to drive the vibrant intellectual and communal spirit of the college beyond the campus to achieve international visibility and recognition.
Goal: Strengthen the basic building blocks of the institution necessary to maximize the intellectual and community spirit of the college by:
• Creating healthy, efficient and effective organizational structures and processes to improve and expand educational offerings and college activities;
• Wisely stewarding existing resources and vigorously developing new sources of financial support to strengthen our economic viability;
• Sustaining excellent physical infrastructure through continued construction, renovation and renewal of campus facilities to exceed the standards of contemporary educational institutions.