Student Involvement Awards
Awards recognize and reward students and their organizations whose involvement has made SUNY Oswego and the surrounding community a better place to live and learn. Free; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-5420; email@example.com.
Location: Arena and Convocation Hall, Campus Center
Tuesday, April 22, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Indie concert: Arms & Sleepers, American Royalty and Gianni Paci
Arms & Sleepers is an electronic duo from Boston. American Royalty is a psych-pop trio from Brooklyn. Guitarist Gianni Paci is a recent graduate of New York University and is influenced by Buddy Holly and The Beatles. Performer Magazine recently featured him on its cover. $5 at the door; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-4581.
Location: Lounge, Hewitt Union
Friday, April 25, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Softball vs. Potsdam
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Softball Field
Sunday, April 20, 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Softball vs. SUNYIT
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Softball Field
Tuesday, April 22, 3:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, May 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2014
More information: alumni.oswego.edu/reunion
Location: SUNY Oswego, New York 104, Oswego, NY, United States
Thursday, June 5, noon - noon
Goal: Foster an atmosphere of high expectations, intellectual integrity and appreciation for the power of education by:
• Striving to establish the benchmarks for excellence in undergraduate education and setting high standards for timely and successful completion of baccalaureate programs;
• Creating innovative and distinctive new programs that are challenging, intellectually stimulating and of enduring importance to students in a knowledge-intensive world;
• Providing critical educational experiences that will encourage students to consider the role graduate education could have in their lives, while preparing them for success at those highest levels of graduate and professional education.
Goal: Recruit, engage and retain academically talented, independent, highly motivated, mature, responsible and self-directed students by:
• Forming meaningful relationships with diverse student populations in ways that prepare them for college-level work;
• Ensuring that both need-based and merit-based aid is available and competitive with colleges and universities of high stature to help attract the most serious, talented and gifted students who demonstrate both strong preparation and motivation for the rigors of our academic community;
• Promoting academic success and lifelong learning through personalized educational environments, high-quality curricular and co-curricular programs, strengthened honors programs and other opportunities for high-achieving students that encourage intellectual vitality in which students learn to lead and work with others, solve problems and serve their communities in meaningful ways.
Goal: Provide transformative learning experiences for students that leverage the college’s strengths by:
• Expanding delivery methods of teaching to include forums, debates, didactical approaches, interdisciplinary inquiry, project-based learning and other innovative formats;
• Introducing students to the processes and methods that produce research, scholarship, and creative work, and enabling their full engagement in such work;
• Providing incentives for faculty/student collaborative research and academic experiences that produce new knowledge, innovations and creative work to improve our lives and society.
Goal: Expand scholarly and research capabilities and opportunities for faculty and students by:
• Setting substantial goals for growing sponsored research and financial support to advance the scholarly enterprise;
• Ensuring the availability of robust, seamless research environments by investing selectively in technology, equipment and facilities that serve the needs of multiple investigators and promote collaborative and interdisciplinary work;
• Serving as a regional catalyst for intellectual development, innovation, patents and consulting services.