SUNY Oswego is now tobacco, smoke and e-cigarette FREE
Third summer session begins
Location: SUNY Oswego
Wednesday, July 1, 8:06 p.m. - 8:06 p.m.
Rice Creek Ramble
Guided walk showing visitors what creatures are around, what they eat and where they live. Participants should dress for the weather and call 312-6677 the morning of the hike to check trail conditions. Program size is limited; unable to accommodate groups. An adult must accompany children. Free.
Location: Rice Creek Field Station
Saturday, July 11, 11 a.m. - noon
Men's Soccer vs. St John Fisher Scrimmage (Time TBA)
Wednesday, July 1, 8:09 p.m. - 8:09 p.m.
Women's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, July 16, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Harborfest Housing Available
Wednesday, July 1, 8:08 p.m. - 8:08 p.m.
OzQuits! Here's why:
'Stache the Ash is an anti-smoking campaign sponsored by the Lifestyles Center.
Read the Smoke-Free/Tobacco-Free Policy which went into effect on Jan. 1, 2015.
This is about making SUNY Oswego a healthier place for all of us.
SUNY Oswego reached out across the college and across the nation for nearly three years, learning that Tobacco Free is the place to be. Check out the list of Colleges in New York State that already are Tobacco-Free or Smoke-Free. The prospective policy aims to:
- Provide a safe, clean and healthy working, living and educational environment.
- Assist members of our college community who wish to overcome tobacco addictions.
- Encourage respect for all members of our college community, whether smokers or non-smokers.
- Improve college and community awareness of the importance of tobacco-free, clean air and grounds.
- Decrease tobacco use through culture shift and social norming.
- Demonstrate social responsibility for college visitors from around the community and around the globe.
Did you know:
- According to a survey of 1,526 students, faculty and staff on campus completed in April 2013, only 15% (235) respondents currently use tobacco products?
- Of those 235, more than half were either already planning on or were willing to quit.
- The current policy permits outdoor smoking, but outside a 25-foot perimeter around building entrances, exits, windows, loading docks and air intakes?
For more information, please contact the Clean Air Committee at email@example.com
Jerald Jones Woolfolk, Vice President for Student Affairs
Phone: 315 312 3214
Address: 711 Culkin Hall, Oswego, NY 13126
Barbara St. Michel, Committee Chair
Phone: 315 312 2301
Address: 137 Marano Center, Oswego, NY 13126