Second summer session begins
Location: SUNY Oswego
Sunday, May 29, 8:49 a.m. - 8:49 a.m.
GENIUS Olympiad opening ceremonies
SUNY Oswego's GENIUS Olympiad (Global Environmental Issues -- U.S.) aims to inspire high school students from around the world to contribute to the protection and improvement of the environment as they compete in five disciplines. Free. firstname.lastname@example.org or geniusolympiad.org.
Location: Arena and Convocation Hall, Marano Campus Center
Monday, June 13, 5 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Men's Soccer vs. St. John Fisher Scrimmage
Location: Laker Turf Stadium
Tuesday, Aug 23, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Women's Volleyball vs. St. Lawrence
Location: Max Ziel Gymnasium
Sunday, Aug 28, noon - 1 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2016
Join us for the biggest alumni party of the year! Visit alumni.oswego.edu/reunion for the most up-to-date information.
Location: SUNY Oswego, 7060 NY-104, Oswego, NY 13126, United States
Sunday, May 29, 8:51 a.m. - 8:51 a.m.
2016 Alumni Mets Game
Gather with NYC-area alumni, family and friends for a day at the ballpark! http://bit.ly/1RKCBib
Location: Citi Field 123-01 Roosevelt Ave New York, NY 11368
Saturday, July 9, 5:30 p.m. - 7 p.m.
The Professional Development Center is a collaborative programming effort that reaches across divisions and departments. Descriptions of the programming partners and links to their respective websites are listed below.
- Aids in the identification of campus initiatives and goals that require a professional development component
- Provides funding to support coordination of professional development activities
- Identifies existing resources for professional development
- Ensures representation from all constituencies in the planning and delivery of professional development programs
- Participates in facilities planning for the Professional Development Center
- CELT is a cornerstone of the new Professional Development Center
- Focus on learning and teaching (broadly defined) as central to college's mission
- Long history as leader/collaborator in professional development
- Provides educational opportunities to adult learners, residential students seeking flexibility, and students from other campuses
- Acts as primary support agency for instructional use of the campus learning management system (ANGEL)
- Promotes best practices in course design and development
- Conduit and contact point for adjuncts, remote and emeritus faculty who are part of the "virtual" institution
- Focus on learning and teaching strategies, based on current research, SUNY-wide collective knowledge, and past/current institutional shared wisdom
- Manages Oswego employee tuition reembursement program, enabling all employees to be life-long learners
- Supports physical and virtual environments for innovative teaching and learning experimentation and practice
- Provides technical training for end user through regularly scheduled workshops, one-on-one sessions, and online tutorials
- Assures 24/7 access to the systems and tools essential to teaching, learning, and research
- Provides a safe and secure technology environment to support innovation
- Provides consultation on the latest technological developments to help users differentiate fads from trends
- Provides information and literature reviews for assessment or research on instruction by faculty from all areas of the campus
- Promotes information literacy and the library's ability to address IL topics with classroom faculty in a mutually conducive setting
- Provides point of attraction for Library's "Xtreme Reference" program for faculty researchers
- Acts as a clearinghouse for library-developed learning objects to be used in ANGEL-based instruction
- Serves as the physical and intellectual center of the campus, and is thus a natural meeting place for faculty from all disciplines on campus
- Building a sound base for outside support of faculty intellectual activity
- Goes beyond proposal writing
- Interrelated skills
- Organizational skills
- Assists in providing focus on faculty research
- Provides an understanding of structure of funding agencies and foundations
- Assists in establishing faculty research reputations
- Creates compelling presentations
- Acts as a clearing house for all personnel related information
- Provides human development program offerings
Student Affairs and Enrollment Management