Dr. Lewis B. O'Donnell Media Summit
Alumni in the arts and other distinguished panelists will discuss "Digital-Social-Mobile: How Media Trends Impact Theatre, Art and Music." Part of the School of Communication, Media and the Arts Week. Free; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 315-312-6612.
Location: Waterman Theatre, Tyler Hall
Thursday, Oct 27, 3 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Tyler Hall Campus Open House
Tour the newly renovated and reopened fine and performing arts building. Performances and refreshments. Part of SUNY Oswego's School of Communication, Media and the Arts week. Free. 315-312-6612.
Location: Tyler Hall
Friday, Oct 28, 2:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Women's Soccer vs. Hamilton
Location: Laker Soccer Field
Tuesday, Oct 25, 3 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Women's Field Hockey vs. St. John Fisher
Location: Laker Turf Stadium
Tuesday, Oct 25, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
For more information, visit http://alumni.oswego.edu/homecoming
Tuesday, Oct 25, 5:30 a.m. - 5:30 a.m.
The Professional Development Center is a collaborative programming effort that reaches across divisions and departments. Descriptions of the programming partners and links to their respective websites are listed below.
- Aids in the identification of campus initiatives and goals that require a professional development component
- Provides funding to support coordination of professional development activities
- Identifies existing resources for professional development
- Ensures representation from all constituencies in the planning and delivery of professional development programs
- Participates in facilities planning for the Professional Development Center
- CELT is a cornerstone of the new Professional Development Center
- Focus on learning and teaching (broadly defined) as central to college's mission
- Long history as leader/collaborator in professional development
- Provides educational opportunities to adult learners, residential students seeking flexibility, and students from other campuses
- Acts as primary support agency for instructional use of the campus learning management system (ANGEL)
- Promotes best practices in course design and development
- Conduit and contact point for adjuncts, remote and emeritus faculty who are part of the "virtual" institution
- Focus on learning and teaching strategies, based on current research, SUNY-wide collective knowledge, and past/current institutional shared wisdom
- Manages Oswego employee tuition reembursement program, enabling all employees to be life-long learners
- Supports physical and virtual environments for innovative teaching and learning experimentation and practice
- Provides technical training for end user through regularly scheduled workshops, one-on-one sessions, and online tutorials
- Assures 24/7 access to the systems and tools essential to teaching, learning, and research
- Provides a safe and secure technology environment to support innovation
- Provides consultation on the latest technological developments to help users differentiate fads from trends
- Provides information and literature reviews for assessment or research on instruction by faculty from all areas of the campus
- Promotes information literacy and the library's ability to address IL topics with classroom faculty in a mutually conducive setting
- Provides point of attraction for Library's "Xtreme Reference" program for faculty researchers
- Acts as a clearinghouse for library-developed learning objects to be used in ANGEL-based instruction
- Serves as the physical and intellectual center of the campus, and is thus a natural meeting place for faculty from all disciplines on campus
- Building a sound base for outside support of faculty intellectual activity
- Goes beyond proposal writing
- Interrelated skills
- Organizational skills
- Assists in providing focus on faculty research
- Provides an understanding of structure of funding agencies and foundations
- Assists in establishing faculty research reputations
- Creates compelling presentations
- Acts as a clearing house for all personnel related information
- Provides human development program offerings
Student Affairs and Enrollment Management