Concert: SUNY Oswego jazz ensembles
Directed by Eric Schmitz, the SUNY Oswego Jazz Ensemble, Latin Jazz Ensemble and Small Group Combo present music spanning a wide variety of styles and eras. Many student soloists are featured. Free; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 315-312-2130.
Location: Waterman Theatre, Tyler Hall
Thursday, Dec 8, 7:30 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Reception for BFA Art Exhibition
Free; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 315-312-2113.
Location: Tyler Art Gallery, Tyler Hall
Friday, Dec 9, 5 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Men's Basketball vs. Fredonia
$6 adults, $4 children 5-18, and free for SUNY Oswego students with ID and children under 5. Tickets may be purchased at tickets.oswego.edu. 315-312-3073.
Location: Max Ziel Gymnasium
Friday, Dec 9, 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Women's Ice Hockey vs. Hamilton
$4 for adults, $2 for 5-17years, free for children under the age of 5, free for SUNY Oswego students with ID. Tickets may be purchased at tickets.oswego.edu. 315-312-3073
Location: Marano Campus Center Ice Arena
Friday, Dec 9, 7 p.m. - 9 p.m.
The Professional Development Center is a collaborative programming effort that reaches across divisions and departments. Descriptions of the programming partners and links to their respective websites are listed below.
- Aids in the identification of campus initiatives and goals that require a professional development component
- Provides funding to support coordination of professional development activities
- Identifies existing resources for professional development
- Ensures representation from all constituencies in the planning and delivery of professional development programs
- Participates in facilities planning for the Professional Development Center
- CELT is a cornerstone of the new Professional Development Center
- Focus on learning and teaching (broadly defined) as central to college's mission
- Long history as leader/collaborator in professional development
- Provides educational opportunities to adult learners, residential students seeking flexibility, and students from other campuses
- Acts as primary support agency for instructional use of the campus learning management system (ANGEL)
- Promotes best practices in course design and development
- Conduit and contact point for adjuncts, remote and emeritus faculty who are part of the "virtual" institution
- Focus on learning and teaching strategies, based on current research, SUNY-wide collective knowledge, and past/current institutional shared wisdom
- Manages Oswego employee tuition reembursement program, enabling all employees to be life-long learners
- Supports physical and virtual environments for innovative teaching and learning experimentation and practice
- Provides technical training for end user through regularly scheduled workshops, one-on-one sessions, and online tutorials
- Assures 24/7 access to the systems and tools essential to teaching, learning, and research
- Provides a safe and secure technology environment to support innovation
- Provides consultation on the latest technological developments to help users differentiate fads from trends
- Provides information and literature reviews for assessment or research on instruction by faculty from all areas of the campus
- Promotes information literacy and the library's ability to address IL topics with classroom faculty in a mutually conducive setting
- Provides point of attraction for Library's "Xtreme Reference" program for faculty researchers
- Acts as a clearinghouse for library-developed learning objects to be used in ANGEL-based instruction
- Serves as the physical and intellectual center of the campus, and is thus a natural meeting place for faculty from all disciplines on campus
- Building a sound base for outside support of faculty intellectual activity
- Goes beyond proposal writing
- Interrelated skills
- Organizational skills
- Assists in providing focus on faculty research
- Provides an understanding of structure of funding agencies and foundations
- Assists in establishing faculty research reputations
- Creates compelling presentations
- Acts as a clearing house for all personnel related information
- Provides human development program offerings
Student Affairs and Enrollment Management