Concert: Tiempo Libre
Three-time Grammy-nominated Afro-Caribbean music group Tiempo Libre is equally at home in concert halls, jazz clubs, festival stages and dance venues, Tiempo Libre is celebrated for its sophisticated tropical music featuring a mix of jazz harmonies, contemporary sonorities and seductive Latin rhythms. $20 ($5 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking. tickets.oswego.edu. 315-312-2141.
Location: Hewitt Union ballroom
Tuesday, Sept 19, 7:30 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Year of India Opening Ceremony
Event celebrating the Institute for Global Engagement's Year of India series. Keynote speaker is Dr. Satish Tripathi, president of the University at Buffalo. Free; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/parking. email@example.com.
Location: Marano Campus Center auditorium, Room 114
Wednesday, Sept 20, 2 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Men's Soccer vs. New Paltz
Location: Laker Turf Stadium
Friday, Sept 22, 3 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Women's tennis vs. Fredonia
Saturday, Sept 23, noon - 2:30 p.m.
Tuesday, Sept 19, 4:03 a.m. - 4:03 a.m.
The Professional Development Center is a collaborative programming effort that reaches across divisions and departments. Descriptions of the programming partners and links to their respective websites are listed below.
- Aids in the identification of campus initiatives and goals that require a professional development component
- Provides funding to support coordination of professional development activities
- Identifies existing resources for professional development
- Ensures representation from all constituencies in the planning and delivery of professional development programs
- Participates in facilities planning for the Professional Development Center
- CELT is a cornerstone of the new Professional Development Center
- Focus on learning and teaching (broadly defined) as central to college's mission
- Long history as leader/collaborator in professional development
- Provides educational opportunities to adult learners, residential students seeking flexibility, and students from other campuses
- Acts as primary support agency for instructional use of the campus learning management system (ANGEL)
- Promotes best practices in course design and development
- Conduit and contact point for adjuncts, remote and emeritus faculty who are part of the "virtual" institution
- Focus on learning and teaching strategies, based on current research, SUNY-wide collective knowledge, and past/current institutional shared wisdom
- Manages Oswego employee tuition reembursement program, enabling all employees to be life-long learners
- Supports physical and virtual environments for innovative teaching and learning experimentation and practice
- Provides technical training for end user through regularly scheduled workshops, one-on-one sessions, and online tutorials
- Assures 24/7 access to the systems and tools essential to teaching, learning, and research
- Provides a safe and secure technology environment to support innovation
- Provides consultation on the latest technological developments to help users differentiate fads from trends
- Provides information and literature reviews for assessment or research on instruction by faculty from all areas of the campus
- Promotes information literacy and the library's ability to address IL topics with classroom faculty in a mutually conducive setting
- Provides point of attraction for Library's "Xtreme Reference" program for faculty researchers
- Acts as a clearinghouse for library-developed learning objects to be used in ANGEL-based instruction
- Serves as the physical and intellectual center of the campus, and is thus a natural meeting place for faculty from all disciplines on campus
- Building a sound base for outside support of faculty intellectual activity
- Goes beyond proposal writing
- Interrelated skills
- Organizational skills
- Assists in providing focus on faculty research
- Provides an understanding of structure of funding agencies and foundations
- Assists in establishing faculty research reputations
- Creates compelling presentations
- Acts as a clearing house for all personnel related information
- Provides human development program offerings
Student Affairs and Enrollment Management