Spring classes begin
Location: SUNY Oswego campus and SUNY Oswego Metro Center
Monday, Jan 23, 8 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration
T.J. Holmes, ABC News anchor/correspondent and a regular on "Good Morning America," will be keynote speaker. Free, but ticket required. General public can obtain tickets starting Jan. 25 at the Marano Campus Center box office or by calling 315-312-3073. Talk to begin at 6 p.m.; doors open at 5:30 p.m.
Location: Waterman Theatre, Tyler Hall
Thursday, Jan 26, 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Women's Ice Hockey vs. Potsdam
$4 for adults, $2 for 5-17years, free for children under the age of 5, free for SUNY Oswego students with ID. Tickets may be purchased at tickets.oswego.edu. 315-312-3073
Location: Marano Campus Center Ice Arena
Friday, Jan 27, 3 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Men's Basketball vs. Brockport
$6 adults, $4 children 5-18, and free for SUNY Oswego students with ID and children under 5. Tickets may be purchased at tickets.oswego.edu. 315-312-3073.
Location: Max Ziel Gymnasium
Friday, Jan 27, 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
The Professional Development Center is a collaborative programming effort that reaches across divisions and departments. Descriptions of the programming partners and links to their respective websites are listed below.
- Aids in the identification of campus initiatives and goals that require a professional development component
- Provides funding to support coordination of professional development activities
- Identifies existing resources for professional development
- Ensures representation from all constituencies in the planning and delivery of professional development programs
- Participates in facilities planning for the Professional Development Center
- CELT is a cornerstone of the new Professional Development Center
- Focus on learning and teaching (broadly defined) as central to college's mission
- Long history as leader/collaborator in professional development
- Provides educational opportunities to adult learners, residential students seeking flexibility, and students from other campuses
- Acts as primary support agency for instructional use of the campus learning management system (ANGEL)
- Promotes best practices in course design and development
- Conduit and contact point for adjuncts, remote and emeritus faculty who are part of the "virtual" institution
- Focus on learning and teaching strategies, based on current research, SUNY-wide collective knowledge, and past/current institutional shared wisdom
- Manages Oswego employee tuition reembursement program, enabling all employees to be life-long learners
- Supports physical and virtual environments for innovative teaching and learning experimentation and practice
- Provides technical training for end user through regularly scheduled workshops, one-on-one sessions, and online tutorials
- Assures 24/7 access to the systems and tools essential to teaching, learning, and research
- Provides a safe and secure technology environment to support innovation
- Provides consultation on the latest technological developments to help users differentiate fads from trends
- Provides information and literature reviews for assessment or research on instruction by faculty from all areas of the campus
- Promotes information literacy and the library's ability to address IL topics with classroom faculty in a mutually conducive setting
- Provides point of attraction for Library's "Xtreme Reference" program for faculty researchers
- Acts as a clearinghouse for library-developed learning objects to be used in ANGEL-based instruction
- Serves as the physical and intellectual center of the campus, and is thus a natural meeting place for faculty from all disciplines on campus
- Building a sound base for outside support of faculty intellectual activity
- Goes beyond proposal writing
- Interrelated skills
- Organizational skills
- Assists in providing focus on faculty research
- Provides an understanding of structure of funding agencies and foundations
- Assists in establishing faculty research reputations
- Creates compelling presentations
- Acts as a clearing house for all personnel related information
- Provides human development program offerings
Student Affairs and Enrollment Management