Third summer session begins
Location: SUNY Oswego
Saturday, July 4, 12:23 a.m. - 12:23 a.m.
Rice Creek Ramble
Guided walk showing visitors what creatures are around, what they eat and where they live. Participants should dress for the weather and call 312-6677 the morning of the hike to check trail conditions. Program size is limited; unable to accommodate groups. An adult must accompany children. Free.
Location: Rice Creek Field Station
Saturday, July 11, 11 a.m. - noon
Men's Soccer vs. St John Fisher Scrimmage (Time TBA)
Saturday, July 4, 12:25 a.m. - 12:25 a.m.
Women's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, July 16, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Harborfest Housing Available
Saturday, July 4, 12:26 a.m. - 12:26 a.m.
The Workforce Development Board (WDB) writes and obtains training grants for the private and public sectors, and provides workforce needs assessments to area businesses.
The goal of the Workforce Development Board, Inc. of Oswego County is to create a diverse, high-quality workforce. Our services include:
- Identifying strategies for addressing skill shortages.
- Issuing consumer report cards for training programs.
- Aligning training programs to meet the needs of the business community.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of training programs.
A working community is a strong community fostering economic development, regional support systems and more. We are building a bright future for Oswego County by providing these services:
- The formation of focus groups and community roundtable discussions to identify future workforce needs.
- By identifying these needs, we can grow our local economy.
- Assisting local employers by seeking available grants and other funding sources to offset training costs.
- Setting up an inventory of training providers and resources.
Produce state of the workforce report.