Benefiting Our Seniors and Our Community
First Summer Session begins
Tuesday, May 28, noon - noon
Second Summer Session begins
Monday, June 17, noon - noon
Location: Oswego and vicinity
Thursday, June 6, noon - noon
Thursday, June 20, noon - noon
To encourage and foster the development and maintenance of volunteer opportunities that engage, support and enhance the lives of Americans 55+, while responding to the priority needs of the community.
Improve lives, strengthen communities and foster civic engagement through service and volunteering.
Strategic Goals for 2011-2015
The Corporation for National and Community Service has identified six focus areas where they intend to make a significant difference:
- Education - Improve graduation rates for students and improve students grade-level performance
- Healthy Futures - Improve the health and wellness of individuals in the areas of obesity prevention, aging in place and access to health services
- Environmental Stewardship - Reduce consumption of fossil fuels
- Veterans - Increase economic, education and health opportunities for veterans and military families by leveraging national service, including veterans serving veterans
- Opportunity - Improve financial stability, access to affordable housing and employment opportunities for economically vulnerable families
- Disaster Preparedness - Increase capacity of communities to serve vulnerable populations in the event of a disaster, and improve communities in disaster-affected areas
RSVP Advisory Council
The RSVP Advisory Council serves as the "eyes and ears" of the community to provide RSVP staff with information about the people it serves.
40th Annual Volunteer Recognition Luncheon - September, Hewitt Union Ballroom, SUNY Oswego