Student Involvement Awards
Awards recognize and reward students and their organizations whose involvement has made SUNY Oswego and the surrounding community a better place to live and learn. Free; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-5420; email@example.com.
Location: Arena and Convocation Hall, Campus Center
Tuesday, April 22, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Indie concert: Arms & Sleepers, American Royalty and Gianni Paci
Arms & Sleepers is an electronic duo from Boston. American Royalty is a psych-pop trio from Brooklyn. Guitarist Gianni Paci is a recent graduate of New York University and is influenced by Buddy Holly and The Beatles. Performer Magazine recently featured him on its cover. $5 at the door; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-4581.
Location: Lounge, Hewitt Union
Friday, April 25, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Softball vs. SUNYIT
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Softball Field
Tuesday, April 22, 3:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Baseball vs. Ithaca
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Baseball Field
Wednesday, April 23, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, May 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2014
More information: alumni.oswego.edu/reunion
Location: SUNY Oswego, New York 104, Oswego, NY, United States
Thursday, June 5, noon - noon
The Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching provides a variety of services to provide ongoing assistance:
- videotaping classes and arranging for formative feedback,
- dozens of workshops throughout the acadmic year (subscribe to the workshop calendar, or check the CELT website for workshop schedules),
- one-on-one consultations on a drop-in basis in Lanigan 121 (next to the Lake Effect cafe),
- a collection of video recordings of past workshops on a wide variety of teaching-related topics.
- a collection of links (under construction) to information on best practices.
- Information about library services for faculty is available here.
- A multimedia production room is available in Penfield library.
- Assistance for students in writing is provided through the Writing Center.
- Other forms of acadelix support services for students are provided through the Office of Learning Support
- Information on FERPA requirements (please do not discuss student grades with parents or others without carefully examining this information).
- If you are faced with disruptive behavior in the classroom, you may wish to contact the Judicial Affairs office, or in more extreme cases, the Campus Police.
- Information on dealing with students with disabilities is available at our Disability Support Service site.
- Information on dealing with students experiencing psychological issues is available from the Counseling Services.
For more information, contact John Kane at firstname.lastname@example.org