On the eve of the May commencement, alumni celebrate the passing of the torch of learning from faculty and staff to the newest class of graduates. Faculty and staff will lead students and alumni representing various past class years in a procession to mark the seniors’ last night as undergraduates. Free. 315-312-2106.
Location: Marano Campus Center
Friday, May 13, 9 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
SUNY Oswego celebrates its 155th Commencement with three ceremonies: College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at 9 a.m. School of Business at 1 p.m. School of Communication, Media and the Arts and School of Education at 4 p.m. Former Secretary of the Army John McHugh will receive an honorary degree at the 9 a.m. ceremony. Admission by ticket. Also webcast live from oswego.edu. 315-312-2106. https://www.oswego.edu/college-store/commencement
Location: Arena and Convocation Hall, Marano Campus Center
Saturday, May 14, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Women's Lacrosse vs. Potsdam - SUNYAC Playoff Game
$6 - Adults $3 - Children (Ages 5-12) Free for SUNYAC students with ID and children under 5. Tickets will be sold at the site of the game beginning at 3:00 pm
Location: Laker Turf Stadium
Tuesday, May 3, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Baseball vs. RIT
Location: Laker Baseball Field
Tuesday, May 3, 4 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2016
Join us for the biggest alumni party of the year! Visit alumni.oswego.edu/reunion for the most up-to-date information.
Location: SUNY Oswego, 7060 NY-104, Oswego, NY 13126, United States
Tuesday, May 3, 3:12 p.m. - 3:12 p.m.
2016 Alumni Mets Game
Gather with NYC-area alumni, family and friends for a day at the ballpark! http://bit.ly/1RKCBib
Location: Citi Field 123-01 Roosevelt Ave New York, NY 11368
Saturday, July 9, 5:30 p.m. - 7 p.m.
The Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching provides a variety of services to provide ongoing assistance:
- videotaping classes and arranging for formative feedback,
- dozens of workshops throughout the acadmic year (subscribe to the workshop calendar, or check the CELT website for workshop schedules),
- one-on-one consultations on a drop-in basis in Lanigan 121 (next to the Lake Effect cafe),
- a collection of video recordings of past workshops on a wide variety of teaching-related topics.
- a collection of links (under construction) to information on best practices.
Other teaching support services
- Information about library services for faculty is available here.
- A multimedia production room is available in Penfield library.
- Assistance for students in writing is provided through the Writing Center.
- Other forms of academic support services for students are provided through the Office of Learning Support
- Information on FERPA requirements (please do not discuss student grades with parents or others without carefully examining this information).
- If you are faced with disruptive behavior in the classroom, you may wish to contact the Office of Student Conduct, or in more extreme cases, the University Police.
- Information on dealing with students with disabilities is available at our Disability Support Service site.
- Information on dealing with students experiencing psychological issues is available from the Counseling Services.
For more information, contact John Kane at email@example.com