Volleyball vs Cazenovia
Location: Oswego, NY, Max Ziel Gym in Laker Hall
Tuesday, Oct 6, 7 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Men's Tennis vs. Utica
Location: Oswego, NY, Romney Tennis Courts
Wednesday, Oct 7, 4 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Alumni & Friends Event with President Stanley
Save the date. http://alumni.oswego.edu/events
Location: New York, NY, USA
Tuesday, Oct 6, 5:16 a.m. - 5:16 a.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, Oct 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
During the fall 2013 semester, the Provost and Deans agreed to support an iPad pilot project in which 15 iPads were distributed to faculty at the Academic Affairs retreat on Wednesday, August 21. Ten recipients were determined after a review of faculty proposals by a committee of faculty selected from each of the 4 schools and colleges. The remaining 5 were given out to randomly selected faculty who attend the retreat. This initiative was jointly supported by CTS and CELT.
Participants in the pilot project explored how the use of iPads cam enhance instruction in their discipline. Proposals were due on 8/16/13 and were submitted here. Those selected to participate in the project met monthly to discuss their work and share their experiences. Anyone else who wished to participate in this project who uses tablets and other mobile devices in the classroom was encouraged to attend these meetings. The first meeting of the pilot group took place at 3:00 on Friday, August 23 in 123 Penfield.
- Mobile Apps for Academics (provided by SUNY-Oswego CELT)
- Learning in Action (Apple)
- iBooks Author (information about the free iBook Authoring tool provided by Apple)
- iTunes U (Apple)
- 12/6/2013 presentation on the iPad pilot by Lisa Langlois, Dave Valentino, Doug Pippin, and Dave Kahn
- Results from the Department of Curriculum and Instruction - partial recording of presentation by Eric Olson and Sharon Kane on 1/15/2014
- iPad use in Art History, Painting, and Design - presentation by Lisa Langlois, Chris McEvoy, and Rick Metzgar on 1/22/2014
- Creating Charts, Diagrams and Visualizations using iPads - presented by Christopher G. Harris on 1/23/2014
- Using an iPad in Finance instruction - presntation by Eric Tsai on 1/23/2014
- Creating a departmental handbook using iBook Author - presentation by Doug Pippin on 1/23/2014
- Using an iPad in Music Instruction - presentation by Trevor Jorgensen on 5/9/2014