Student Involvement Awards
Awards recognize and reward students and their organizations whose involvement has made SUNY Oswego and the surrounding community a better place to live and learn. Free; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-5420; email@example.com.
Location: Arena and Convocation Hall, Campus Center
Tuesday, April 22, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Indie concert: Arms & Sleepers, American Royalty and Gianni Paci
Arms & Sleepers is an electronic duo from Boston. American Royalty is a psych-pop trio from Brooklyn. Guitarist Gianni Paci is a recent graduate of New York University and is influenced by Buddy Holly and The Beatles. Performer Magazine recently featured him on its cover. $5 at the door; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-4581.
Location: Lounge, Hewitt Union
Friday, April 25, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Softball vs. SUNYIT
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Softball Field
Tuesday, April 22, 3:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Baseball vs. Ithaca
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Baseball Field
Wednesday, April 23, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, May 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2014
More information: alumni.oswego.edu/reunion
Location: SUNY Oswego, New York 104, Oswego, NY, United States
Thursday, June 5, noon - noon
During the fall 2013 semester, the Provost and Deans have have agreed to support an iPad pilot project in which 15 iPads will be distributed to faculty at the Academidc Affairs retreat on Wednesday, August 21. Ten recipients will be determined after a review of faculty proposals by a committee of faculty selected from each of the 4 schools and colleges. The remaining 5 will be given out to randomly selected faculty who attend the retreat. This initiative will be jointly supported by CTS and CELT.
Participants in the pilot project will explore how the use of iPads can enhance instruction in their discipline. Proposals are due on 8/16/13 and may be submitted here. Those selected to participate in the project will meet monthly to discuss their work and share thei experiences. Anyone else who wishes to participate in this project who uses tablets and other mobile devices in the classroom is encourage to attend these meetings. The first meeting of the pilot group will take place at 3:00 on Friday, August 23 in 123 Penfield.
- Mobile Apps for Academics (provided by SUNY-Oswego CELT)
- Learning in Action (Apple)
- iBooks Author (information about the free iBook Authoring tool provided by Apple)
- iTunes U (Apple)
- 12/6/2013 presentation on the iPad pilot by Lisa Langlois, Dave Valentino, Doug Pippin, and Dave Kahn
- Results from the Department of Curriculum and Instruction - partial recording of presentation by Eric Olson and Sharon Kane on 1/15/2014
- iPad use in Art History, Painting, and Design - presentation by Lisa Langlois, Chris McEvoy, and Rick Metzgar on 1/22/2014
- Creating Charts, Diagrams and Visualizations using iPads - presented by Christopher G. Harris on 1/23/2014
- Using an iPad in Finance instruction - presntation by Eric Tsai on 1/23/2014
- Creating a departmental handbook using iBook Author - presentation by Doug Pippin on 1/23/2014
- Using an iPad in Music Instruction - presentation by Trevor Jorgensen on 1/24/2014