Art Exhibition reception: "My Hometown Banner Exhibition"
Students representing every school in the district will have artwork in the exhibition. At the end of their display cycle, the banners will be recycled into bags or other fabric products, and sold to raise funds to support the continuation of the project. The exhibition will be on display to August 23. Part of SUNY Oswego and Oswego City School District "My Hometown Banner Project." Free. 315-312-2112.
Location: Oswego State Downtown, West 1st Street, Oswego
Friday, June 23, 5 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Rice Creek Ramble
Family-friendly naturalist-led walk. Participants should dress for the weather and call 315-312-6677 on the morning of the hike to check trail conditions. Program size is limited, unable to accommodate groups. Children 17 and under must be accompanied by an adult. Free.
Location: Rice Creek Field Station
Saturday, June 24, 11 a.m. - noon
Thursday, June 22, 5:41 p.m. - 5:41 p.m.
Several centers and institutes enhance the college's educational mission and ability to serve the campus and community:
- The Center for Neurobehavioral Effects of Environmental Toxins conducts extensive and valuable research on how toxic chemicals affect humans and animals. Contact: Dr. Paul Stewart
- The Environmental Research Center specializes in the analysis of pollutants in our environment. Contact: Dr. James Pagano
- The SUNY Oswego Molecular Biology and Biochemistry Center is a teaching and research facility that consists of several laboratories and offices in Snygg Hall, including the mass spectrometry and proteomics center funded by the National Science Foundation in 2004. Contact: Dr. James A Mackenzie
- The Mass Spectrometry and Proteomics Center is a resource for students and faculty to analyze a wide variety of samples using 2 dimensional electrophoresis and Matrix Assisted Laser Desorption Ionization - Time of Flight Mass Spectrometry (MALDI-TOF MS). Contact: Dr. Kestutis Bendinskas
- The Lake-Effect Storm Prediction and Research Center forecasts hazardous winter weather for several clients across central New York and conducts research regarding lake-effect storms to improve our understanding and accuracy at predicting these events. Contact: Dr. Scott Steiger
- The Institute for Global Engagement encourages the development of international research and scholarship, acts as a resource for the development of global, international, and intercultural knowledge and skills, and encourages the enhancement of our internationalized campus and engagement in the world. Contact: Dr. Joshua McKeown, firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Center for Accounting Research and Education supports faculty research, diversity initiatives, continuing professional education, student education, and community outreach as well as social responsibility and ethical training in accounting. Contact: Dr. Thomas Tribunella
- The Human Resource Management Center supports community outreach, research, continuing professional education, student education, social responsibility, diversity initiatives and consulting in Human Resource Management. Contact: Dr. Barry Friedman
- The Gordon Lenz Center for Finance, Insurance and Risk Management (new). Contact: Dr. Richard Skolnik
- The Center for Energy Education and Economic Solutions is a collaboration of SUNY Oswego, the Institute for Applied Geospatial Technology at Cayuga Community College, Morrisville State College and the Auburn - Cayuga Development Corporation to develop new educational approaches and economic solutions for energy and economic development in Central New York. Contact: Dr. Jack Gelfand
- The Educational Leadership Institute provides professional development programs to serve the PreK-12 academic community in New York. Contact: Dr. James M. Merrins
- The Center for Urban Schools offers teaching opportunities in inner-city schools in New York City and Syracuse that provide graduates with experience in urban settings. Contact: Dr. Pat Russo
- The Small Business Development Center, part of the Watertown regional center at JCC, works with entrepreneurs on a one-to-one basis to develop winning business plans, find appropriate sources of funding, and provides management information, market research, and additional resources. Contact: Larry Perras